Author Topic: Wheels wanted  (Read 2859 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Wheels wanted
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:33:17 »
I am looking to get AEX1078 off the 13" midget wheels it is currently on and wondering if anyone on the US side of the pond has any spare wheels laying around they want to sell. Ideally I would like some wheels that are slight bit wider than stock (~5") so I have access to a better selection of tires, but would consider all.
   Thanks,
   Jay

AEX566

• View Profile
Wheels wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 18:25:52 »
Jay,
   On Ebay there's five days left on set of four 16" wheels for $500 + shipping from outside Chicago.
   http://330408382478

However I highly recommend spending the bucks on new so the wheel splines and spokes are fresh. Wonder about the state of your hub splines that carry those 13" wheels; hopefully these haven't been messed up. Possibly get the hubs magnafluxed to check condition.

Bottom line is you've got an expensive antique that requires conservation and maintenance just like a painting, or an oriental rug.  Check recent forum postings on securing new wheels and appropriate tires from the UK for pretty reasonable prices.
   Art

aex125

• View Profile
Wheels wanted
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:25:49 »
Thanks for the lead Art. Would those be the bright red ones that expired today? I had looked at those but the color and the fact they were 4" wide led me to look further. Ron Leonard also has some 16"x4s that I can pick up but thought I would try here first just in case someone needs to clean out their garage and has some lightly used wheels that were not original. For reference here is 1078 as it sits currently, I am not sure if the expensive antique description fits at this point[;)];

My main goal right now is to get some bigger wheels that will make it easier to get under the car, and then could be used in the future. I have new rear hubs for when I get to the point of re-assy, and if any wheels I get now are not up to the task I will spring for new ones at that point.
   Again thanks for the lead.
   Jay

aceaceca

• View Profile
Wheels wanted
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:56:12 »
I have a set of 16 stock wheels with Pirelli tires. Tires are worn well but sidewalls are good. I am in SF bay area.