Author Topic: AC at Geneva Motor Show  (Read 7822 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« on: February 26, 2010, 21:46:25 »
According to Autocar, AC are exhibiting an electric city concept car with a magnesium chassis at Geneva alongside a revised Mk VI:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=247781

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/247757/

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 01:22:44 »
The magnesium technology is a joint project between AC Cars and the Israeli company ALubin. The project is headed by ex-Lotus engineer John Owen and automotive designer Ron Saunders.

I feel sorry for Ron and John. Saunders was a decent designer and John has done some good work but for some reason they continue to serve "Dear Chairman" and ever so become more redundant.

And I will bet that "ALubin" is owned by a Delaware, USA holding company that is owned by a certain Mr. Lubinsky.

Set the alarm clock for one year hence and see if this has gone anywhere or even if the announcements have not been removed from the web and no trace may be found.............

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 08:31:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV The magnesium technology is a joint project between AC Cars and the Israeli company ALubin...And I will bet that "ALubin" is owned by a Delaware, USA holding company that is owned by a certain Mr. Lubinsky...

I like the look of the EV sketch, looks like a HotWheels/MicroMachine of an AC 3000ME!!

(Maybe they should ask Amy Boylan at Shelby for some tips!!![:D])

When I saw the name of the partner company, I thought exactly the same, but it IS just a coincidence, judging by this:  ALubin info
   Does make one wonder if the 'partnership' came about after someone was Googling their own name though...[;)]

First news of the MkVI since it was last seen at the Octane Magazine Cobra feature shoot at Brooklands last year, but to me, the most appealing upgrade is the £20k drop in price(Although I doubt the customers who placed the "...‘substantial’ number of orders [that] have already been taken for the £93,500 car" will be too chuffed, wonder how many have been delivered?)!!! I look forward to seeing how it looks; watch, as they say, this space. [:)]

terry3000me

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 20:13:53 »
I'm attending the show next Saturday and visiting the AC stand. Full report in April's ACtion.
   Terry

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:26:20 »
So they showed a really nice kit car with "AC" emblems and decent paint?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 08:40:12 »
The Picture just says it all

The scruffy ill fitting suit and trainers.....
   complements the downward spiral of our once highly esteemed AC.

Keith  [:(]

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 08:59:52 »
Above post edited for reasons previously stated on this Forum.

terry3000me

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 10:08:41 »
quote:
And I will bet that "ALubin" is owned by a Delaware, USA holding company that is owned by a certain Mr. Lubinsky

Don't think so,Rick if you had checked the Alubin site: http://www.alubin.com/eng/Htmls/home.aspx?BSS4=12316
   you would have seen its an Israeli company.

And Keith the guy in the above photo holding the door of the car open is a member of the press and nothing to do with the AC.

Please don’t be so quick to judge as these comments do nothing to support the brand, regardless of cars 50 years old or those being designed and made today, an AC is an AC.
   We all own ACs, so why not support AC in a positive way.

Terry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 18:43:46 »
Terry

I couldn't care less who the scruff is/was, The picture doesn't portray the AC marque as one was accustomed to when owned by The Hurlock Family and then by Brian Angliss.

Any reputable PR Company would have binned the picture,not published it.  All comes down to Standards ... Last but not Least ...
   The Brand is only as good as the last product produced and service experienced.!

Keith

Chafford

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 19:18:51 »
These aren't official AC photos so I doubt AC had any role in their publication. And the car itself looks rather good.

Who's the gentleman with the moustache in the photo below?

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/en-images/zoom.php?idIndex=0&idContent=20387

terry3000me

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 19:25:33 »
quote:
Who's the gentleman with the moustache in the photo below

That, I believe, is Mr Lubinsky.
   Terry

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 00:22:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me

And I will bet that "ALubin" is owned by a Delaware, USA holding company that is owned by a certain Mr. Lubinsky

Don't think so,Rick if you had checked the Alubin site: http://www.alubin.com/eng/Htmls/home.aspx?BSS4=12316
   you would have seen its an Israeli company.

We all own ACs, so why not support AC in a positive way.

Terry

Terry,

Right you are are, I SHOULD have Googled "Alubin" however the name was just "too" perfect NOT to be one of his front companies.

And I would love nothing more than to support and present "AC" in a positive way if only "AC" existed in any real way. While many do not recognize the Angliss years as "AC", the Lubinsky/Pride/DigitalMafia.com era is very much so less than the Hurlocks dustbin.

Chafford

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 12:50:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

Would you agree that an informed judgement on the car isn't possible until someone has actually driven it?

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC at Geneva Motor Show
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 01:40:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

Would you agree that an informed judgement on the car isn't possible until someone has actually driven it?

True,

BUT, when the the "AC" in question is based upon a replica of an earlier AC and built by people with no real connection to AC, is it really an "AC"????

A Kirkham drives great, but it is not an "AC"!!!

I have said it before and will say it again, AC does NOT exist in any real way today. Yes, someone owns the name and trademarks, but calling it a bun does not make it a bun!!!