Author Topic: Question for Rick - "Mark IV"  (Read 3026 times)

Max Allan

• View Profile
Question for Rick - "Mark IV"
« on: January 12, 2007, 21:11:50 »
Rick,

The T56 manual conversion for my Brooklands Ace is paid for and ready to dispatch, but at the 11th hour DDPerformance have asked what size diff flange is fitted (apparently Mustangs used to size flanges). The exhaust is in the way making it impossible to measure, and to make matter worse I go away tomorrow and wanted the tranny and driveshaft delivered while away. Do you by any chance know what size flange was fitted on the Brooklands Ace??

Max

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 21:40:56 »
Sorry,
   No I don't know offhand. I would expect that the driveshaft will need to be modified for the manual trans length and they can use the existing flange. You are talking about the flange at the diff, not the trans yoke? The flange on the diff will NOT be from a Muatang as the Mustang does not use the BTR Hydra-Trac diff the Ace has. When the driveshaft is modified they can install the flange from the old unit. You didn't order a Mustang driveshaft, did you?

Rick

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 21:54:56 »
Yep! Aluminium, shortened and fitted with T56 yoke. Why? Have I dropped a clanger?

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 14:19:02 »
No,
   Not if it is shortened to correct length. Just thought you might have bought a stock unit.
   Rick

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 00:46:24 »
I twigged I needed a shorter prop than the stock Mustang, but what didn’t occur to me was the rear coupling would be different. If DDPerformance can’t come up with a U/J to match the Ace one, reckon I’m snookered as regards fitting an alloy shaft.

Guess you never found the part # for the pedal box, Rick?

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 16:15:49 »
Max,
   Still have not found the parts invoices to AC circa 1999. A good driveline shop will either be able to find a "hybrid" U joint or put the correct end on the driveshaft and re-balance it.

Rick