Author Topic: Adrian Flux - has anyone else experienced problems with this company?  (Read 2880 times)

Alpacaman

• View Profile
I have a motor policy for my 2 Litre Saloon with Adrian Flux, another for a motorcycle (via Bikesure) and a further for my daily driver, a 2005 Nissan Xtrail. I recently called them, as I was planning to replace the XTrail with another of exactly the same model & year, although 50K fewer miles and in much better condition - approx value £1000. After keeping me on hold for a total of 42 minutes, they were unable to make this simple change with the current underwriter, offering instead a refund of £150, after just 3 months (original cost was over £400) and could only offer a new policy with a different company for a premium of over £700. :o I was gobsmacked, to say the least.

I'm 62 y.o. and have 6 points on my licence (ironically for forgetting to insure the current car a couple of years ago).

I also had some difficulties with them on the AC policy, where they wanted all sorts of documents at very little notice.

Is it just me?!?

Big col

• View Profile
Re: Adrian Flux - has anyone else experienced problems with this company?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 21:03:28 »
Sadly no, its not just you. The other sad thing is that it can be just as bad with other similar companies.
I had similar problems when I swapped cars but maybe not to that extent. Then When it came to annual renewal it was over £200 more. When I changed company Adrian Flux asked why I was changing and said they would match any quote. At that point I said no thank you.
The amazing thing is the quotes change on a day to day basis, something to do with algorithms I believe.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

Alpacaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 18:02:17 »
OK, thanks for that. I also had trouble with their breakdown service; I was kept waiting for almost six hours, even though I had a seven year old child in the car (which they knew). By midnight, I'd given up and managed to fix the car temporarily and get back home.

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 19:29:32 »
At the moment I’m with RH and although I don’t think there the cheapest I am happy with the service and all the inclusive items. Funnily enough the most important thing to me is talking to someone without waiting. Listening to a recorded message crying the fact that its best to go on line really does piss me off. I have heard good reports about Abbeyfields but have no personal experience.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

James Eastwood

• View Profile
I've used Peter Best for 25+ years. I typically ensure my sprint/hill-climb Sprite for about £80/yr and all sorts of other things including a Honda C90. I recently sold a MGB GT V8, and whilst on route to pick my AC up a couple of days later, I gave them a call asked them to swap the insurance from the MG to the AC, I paid an extra premium for the additional value of the AC, and that was that, all done whilst driving.

I've only claimed for one windscreen so I could have a laminated one to race the Austin Healey!

Andy Hall

• View Profile
I have despaired with this company. Hours waiting on the telephone, high renewal quotes, plus failure to tell me a renewal on a car was due. This is for both modern cars and vintage ones. I have now moved nearly all my and my daughters cars over to Peter S Taylor& Co of Brighton. They are a lot cheaper than Adrian Flux so you don't have to negotiate at your renewal. You can immediately have someone answer you on the telephone, I have found them to be very helpful.

AK1161

• View Profile
Maybe try Hagerty......they will cover multiple cars for you and I have found you get to speak to someone quickly and quite often the same person. It just seems a bit more friendly and less hassle than with other companies.
Luke