Author Topic: Rarest AC of all time  (Read 19778 times)

hawk289

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« on: December 26, 2009, 22:55:27 »
Ok, here we go, what was the rarest AC produced. Looking for the specific mark, rather than a variant. I will start proceedings

Ac Aceca Brooklands - 4 cars produced (2 demo cars, 1 Chassis and one written off during the Brooklands fire).

Lets see what turns up! [:)]

John

nikbj68

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 00:21:23 »
Our friend 'Duggan' has a pretty good chance of taking this prize with his 212 S/C, one of only 2 produced!!!(click pic to go to thread:)

And do I win a prize for nominating it too? [;)]

Or maybe the rarest model of all would be a decent MkV??? LOL!!!![B)][:0][:o)]
   JOKE!!!

Classicus

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 11:54:50 »
quote:
Ok, here we go, what was the rarest AC produced. Looking for the specific mark, rather than a variant.

Do these count – just 1 of each ?

Reference :
   http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=115841&subForumID=397875&p=2

"CF 81"

MA 200

"CF 91"

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 15:48:53 »
Clearly the most original & desireable car is the Lightweight 1924 car based on the Weller 200 mile at Brooklands which was driven by Joyce, this car exists & was seen at Prescott a couple of years ago.
   A full description is in John McLellan's book.
   This is clearly a real AC unlike many post war cars!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 21:52:47 »
I Beg to Differ, Though I am biased too Ace Bristol's and 289 Cobras and the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For sheer Elegance, great proportions and rarest of rare AC's its got to be the 1938 one Off Fixed Head Coupe on the 16/80 Short chassis once
   owned by H A S (Rainmaker) Fry. Reference page 64, Classic ACs Auto-Carrier to Cobra by John Mclellan.
   Hopefully Nik can publish the picture I emailed him of this AC Coupe with Mr Fry standing alonside.
   (this picture was first published in the September 1953 Bulletin then republished in ACtion  Vol6 No1 dated May 1982)

Such a shame that this magnificent AC was destroyed by Fire many years ago,  Maybe John McLellan has more details ?

One day, If I could ever find a bodiless 16/80 short chassis I would be tempted to have  it bodied to replicate this Ethetically pleasing Perfectly Proportioned 1938 AC Coupe. (Eat yer heart out!)

Mind you the AC .... and the AC ....

Keith  [:P]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:36:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol...For sheer Elegance, great proportions and rarest of rare AC's its got to be the 1938 one Off Fixed Head Coupe on the 16/80 Short chassis which was owned by H A S (Rainmaker) Fry. Reference page 64, Classic ACs Auto-Carrier to Cobra by John Mclellan...Keith

Lovely!

duggan

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 18:13:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Our friend 'Duggan' has a pretty good chance of taking this prize with his 212 S/C, one of only 2 produced!!!(click pic to go to thread:)

And do I win a prize for nominating it too? [;)]

Aww - thanks!

Here are a few more photo's of the old girl (came close to parting with her recently after another purchase, but just couldn't do it[}:)]):

aaron

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 22:06:41 »
Well done duggan for hanging on to her ,even if she is not one of the rarest AC`s in existance !!!!!!!!   [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 10:48:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron Well done duggan for hanging on to her ,even if she is not one of the rarest AC`s in existance !!!!!!!!   [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I think being twice as common as the 'one-offs' above is still pretty rare!!! [;)][8D] Indeed, congrats on hanging on to her, and thanks for the photos.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:42:44 »
No,

They are the Brooklands Aceca and the Lotus powered Brooklands Ace.

Why?

Because I drove them both!!! A VERY limited number of people can claim that!

Add in driving CSX 3327 and a Superblower and I am sure I become "one of one!!!!!![:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 17:14:51 »
We all know you're one of one Rick :-)  (My lawyer stopped me from saying that before)

Mark IV

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 18:30:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

We all know you're one of one Rick :-)  (My lawyer stopped me from saying that before)

And I said such NICE things about you in my eBay action of that so-called book you claim to have written.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330389647496&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

aaron

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 21:45:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

And I said such NICE things about you in my eBay action of that so-called book you claim to have written.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330389647496&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Looks like someone got a good buy.

TLegate

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 23:23:41 »
Rick - you said it, not me!! Over here, that's a sincere compliment ;-)

But you sold the book waaay too cheap - I'd have paid that for it as I only have a couple of copies! Curses......

Mark IV

• View Profile
Rarest AC of all time
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 01:12:39 »
Yes,

It was TOO cheap, but you guys were all off making mince pies and "God blessing us everyone" when the auction was on so hard cheese!!!!

Please tell me what you will all pay for everything and I will not sell low in the future..................

But it IS going to an AC MK IV owner (you all know those, the b@stard son of CS and the Hurlocks with Angliss DNA)