Author Topic: CF 12 for sale  (Read 7871 times)

Classicus

• View Profile

cf24

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 16:40:00 »
Does anybody know what the asking price happens to be.

KEN CHISHOLM
   CF24

nikbj68

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 16:53:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by cf24
   Does anybody know what the asking price happens to be.
   KEN CHISHOLM CF24

It says £145,000 HERE:

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 22:50:05 »
And sold by Bonhams at Goodwood two years ago for £77,000. Ex Cyril Wicks, Ecurie Ecosse owner car.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 00:03:54 »
Looks like a nice car!
   E

aaron

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 20:50:29 »
"The rarest AC produced - one of just 29."

Heres me thinking AC only made 27 ac 289 Sports..      [:)]

hawk289

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 22:53:30 »
Aaron,

Good idea, what is the rarest AC? I will start a new a post, lets see what turns up!

John

aaron

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 21:50:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by hawk289

Aaron,

Good idea, what is the rarest AC? I will start a new a post, lets see what turns up!

John

Happy new year John, you have certainly got the ball rolling regarding the rarest AC !!.......[:)]

hawk289

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 22:45:05 »
Looking good so far!!! Happy new year

davidhickman

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 21:27:55 »
And to think that exactly 3 years ago the identical car (Frua convertible 1968 in same blue - CF25  Reg YPF 409G) sold for just £33,000 !!!!!

It almost makes you think 'buy anything at any price'.
   Would that it were possible - most seem to be disappearing abroad to the mega wealthy never to be seen again... a bit like Cadburys and everything else that was good and British. Shame really.
   Hope you Yanks and Arabs are taking good care of our heritage [:)]

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 20:19:04 »
Hey that was £33K plus premium and VAT so in theory only showing a £100K profit in 3 years!  My wife is still smarting from the cost which she felt could have been better invested in clothes, holidays etc[:X]....still best she doesn't know about recent price rises else I might come home to an empty garage.
   Aside from that and being practical  CF12 is in better condition than mine but still it's nice to see something going up rather than down...and I must increase the 'agreed value' when the insurance comes around...

davidhickman

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 14:45:34 »
"... come home to an empty garage" Hee hee.

It does remind me - some years ago, a keen sailor came home to find his girlfriend had taken a disc cutter to his beautifully varnished wooden sailing boat and it lay in four perfect cut sections in front of the house!
   Hell hath no fury etc.
   Mind you it has been much better than money in the bank! Also it's good to hear that it remains in the UK. Shame the weather has just been so bad over the last three years.

Any real issues? A serious question... have you been pleased with it? I ask because one can always test drive a new car before purchase. One can also hire many a similar aged car such as Jaguar, Aston, Ferrari etc for a weekend from any number of car hire companies so that you know what a car is like before deciding to search and buy.
   With AC's, and a few others perhaps, one is having to contemplate a purchase based on little more than a photograph. It could be like marrying a 'sheila' from Oz and stepping off the plane to be embraced a 'Roo'
   You get my meaning.

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 07:47:18 »
I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed the car. Even without any mods the sheer power is remarkable - (late last summer the accelerator jammed as I was pulling away from a T junction - the whole car spun round on itself almost within it's own length, hit a central bollard and came to rest alongside the oncoming kerb - so quick that I had no time to worry, it meant a poorly sill got repaired on the insurance and illustrates the potential of the big V8). So avoiding the wet might be a good idea...it wheel spins easily when pulling away on a wet road.
   Otherwise I can't really comment on handling at high speed as my suspension set-up is not up to it - I plan this year to fit the new improved shocks etc produced by Gerry Hawk, for now set up is rather soggy.
   The seat is very low down, with slightly offset pedals, I'm 6ft 1 and it is mildly annoying buy tolerable. Everything else is great...plenty of very knowledgeable experts willing to restore - at a price...currently thought to be about £120K plus for complete restoration, and a handful of helpful individuals with sources of arcane parts.
   Advice can be patchy - it seems that no-one really knows quite what was used to build much of the trim for these cars and the limited number mean that new tooling is going to be uneconomical.

Still - what a car - I highly recommend it.

Cliff.

davidhickman

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 22:40:53 »
Hello Cliff,
   Sounds like you had the 'Toyota' accelerator cable!
   Shouldn't joke as I'm sure I'd be mortified if the same thing happened to me.
   Yes I'm 6ft 1" as well but only 12 stone with size 9's so might cope with the offset perhaps? Auto probably less of an issue than manual - I see some have converted to manual for preference as well as reducing the heat problem.
   I do wonder about future replacements of things like trim and glass and other components which are specific to the car rather than someone else's parts bin.
   Anyway, does the dear lady enjoy the view from the passenger seat on those balmy summer evenings or still think of the wardrobe lost?
   David

cf24

• View Profile
CF 12 for sale
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 20:07:57 »
I see that the price has now gone up to £175000.