Author Topic: silent travel door lock  (Read 1583 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
silent travel door lock
« on: April 29, 2021, 06:42:02 »
I have recently purchased some new Silent Travel door locks and need to locate a second locking latch ( which is not supplied with them ) as can be seen highlighted in the photos. We only had one on the old set. Incidentally the peening that secures the handle gave way on the new ones only a few seconds after installation leading to an annoyingly floppy handle so as you can see this has been secured with a bolt and washer. ( indicated by the arrow )
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks, Luke
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:44:30 by AK1161 »

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Re: silent travel door lock
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 15:18:57 »
Luke,
Reproductions of the Wilmot Breedon Silent Travel locks can be pretty poor and not at all safe. I'm not sure that A.C. fitted that type with the extra locking lever - not a lot of point on an open car perhaps ?
The last ones I bought were from Paul Beck Vintage Supplies and they were exact reproductions done to a good quality standard:

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/categories/vintage-car-parts-coachfittings-and-body-parts-door-locks

Out of interest where did these ones in your photographs originate ?
Barrie

AK1161

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 17:20:12 »
They came from the same source.
I agree with you about the open top car....was only trying to replace what seems to have got lost. If it is not something easy to locate I will forget about it and see if something turns up at a later date.
Thanks for the feedback,
Luke

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 22:34:29 »
Hi Luke, this looks pretty similar to the locks fitted to the Austin Healey 3000, might be worth having a look on AH Spares website or Ahead4Healeys.
Regards
Nick