Author Topic: P. Brown wanted and K. Lessiter  (Read 4131 times)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
P. Brown wanted and K. Lessiter
« on: October 24, 2009, 21:32:42 »
In the September issue of ACTION there were some pictures of the AC Willment Cobra 427 S/C Supersonic Coupe printed, showing the "Prince of Billericay" (owner of the car) and me besides the car (Page 26, bottom left). I would love to have the photo to print it and to put it on the wall.
   There was anotherone (maybe K. Lessiter) who photographed J. Sears (and probably me) signing my book.
   Any chance to get these pictures? Thanks!

Michael michaelcassel(at)gmx.de

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 00:31:30 »
Hi Michael

I did infact take a few pictures, but not with my camera.

I used Nik Bagshaw's camera to take a few pictures Of Nik with Jack Sears infront of Tony Bancroft's Ace (BE212) the ex Peter Bolton Ace Bristol which was heavily crashed and purchased, panel beaten out (to a fashion) and raced by G Bagshaw, Nik's Dad,  who also owned and raced a very rapid & famous Cobra.

I will send Nik a email, however he is a prolific contributor to this Forum, so dare say he could well email you a picture or two before he reads my email.

It was good to meet up at Silverstone Classic, share a few German Beers, with the added bonus of getting Jack Sears to sign a few AC related books.

Keith [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:56:00 »
You`ve got mail!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 08:40:25 »
Michael

13 pictures (10MB) emailed by Nik this morning, You and Jack sears signing your books are in  the majority of the pictures, most of the balance are of the AC Willment Ghia Coupe,  again you and Jack Sears appear in each picture  ........  talk about Hogging the limelite !!

Enjoy !!

Thank you Nik for responding so quickly and for copying me in.

Keith

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 10:57:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

You`ve got mail!

Yes I got! Thank you, early bird!

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Enjoy !!

Thank you Nik for responding so quickly and for copying me in.

Keith

I was prepared to see Jack thanks to our kind Mk IV Registrar Alan (that´s why I had the books with me), but the appearance of the Willment Coupe was like getting beamed on another planet by Scooty! Mark, the owner, is really a nice guy, that´s why I hope to get the photos of him and me beside his car as well!

Thanks for the great pictures! The reward will be yours bringing more beer from germany. Next I will bring a 12 V fridge as well to get the beer tempered and suck the batteries of your AC´s empty!

Cheers

Michael

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:16:16 »
Some mistakes in my post, sorry. For example it´s Scotty, not Scooty. Never mind, I´m looking forward what will happen first: if first the beer will be sucked empty or the batteries ...

Michael

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 20:56:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV

Some mistakes in my post, sorry. For example it´s Scotty, not Scooty. Never mind, I´m looking forward what will happen first: if first the beer will be sucked empty or the batteries ...

Michael

Yes bring some more of that lovely german beer over !! Michael you are drinking tooooooooooo much of it,as its affecting your spelling , [:p]

"AC Willment Cobra 427 S/C Supersonic Coupe " thats the first time Ive heard this car called by this name,must be that German beer again,you make it sound like the Batmobile !![8D]

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 11:36:54 »
quote:

Yes bring some more of that lovely german beer over !!

To do so will be a pleasure to me!

quote:

"AC Willment Cobra 427 S/C Supersonic Coupe " ...

More correctly it should be called:
   "AC Willment Cobra 427 S/C Ghia Supersonic Coupe" because it comes on a S/C chassis and the Body used was a FIAT Supersonic. Only very few FIAT Supersonics were build!

Michael

Brooklander

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 00:20:58 »
Hello Michael,

Now I know how it feels to be a Wanted Man!

I'm sure that Terry Webb will tell you that I look pretty desperate at the best of times too!

I'll Email you so we can sort something out, with regards - Phil

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 13:18:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Brooklander

Now I know how it feels to be a Wanted Man!

I´m glad I caught you alive![:)]