Author Topic: AC Bristol PPM2  (Read 3092 times)

MichaelC

• View Profile
AC Bristol PPM2
« on: March 08, 2021, 16:45:24 »
Hello,

Might anyone be able to put me in touch with the owner of an AC Bristol with the number plate PPM2?

Many years ago it belonged to my partner's father. He is now suffering the ravages of age but is clearest and most lucid when remembering the past including his old car. I'm hoping to track it down and that it might be possible to take him to see it somewhere when lockdown regulations permit.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Michael

paho

• View Profile
Re: AC Bristol PPM2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 09:22:15 »
Try a search of the forum using e.g. the reg. number.
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 11:21:58 »
Michael,
That Ace Bristol, BE 1058, is listed in the A.C.O.C. Ace Bristol Register and shews as taxed in the DVLA car check pages. The location is in the home counties. You could write to the A.C.O.C., attention of the Membership Secretary, asking that your request might be forwarded to the owner who is listed as a Club Member.
I hope you will be able to take your partner's Dad to visit his old machine, relive a few memories and take a few photographs.
Good luck
Barrie

tim isles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 13:47:35 »
Dear Michael,

I've been in touch with the car's owner and he is very happy to meet up as soon as circumstances permit. He will email you directly to make contact.

I hope you have a very happy reunion.

Kind regards,

Tim Isles

MichaelC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 14:40:21 »
This is so fantastic - thank you all so much.

Michael

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 22:59:56 »
...And that, my dear friends, is as good as the internet gets.
❤️

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 20:55:52 »
I have a similar story. Through the internet I made contact with someone from the US who happened to own an Ace-Bristol in the early 60s and racing it at that time. I spotted him as he made a comment on an Ace for sale I believe on BaT.
He replied and we discussed his ex-car and he even sent me a collection of copies of old pictures (on paper) from the time that he owned the car. Of course he was interested to know the whereabouts of his former car. I was able to put him in contact with the current (very well known) owner and a meeting between the two resulted. He was taken for a spin in the car and I have one or two pictures as proof!

Jerry

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 14:28:43 »
Wonderful, Jerry! 👍🏻