Author Topic: Aceca seats  (Read 3588 times)

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Aceca seats
« on: April 05, 2021, 10:41:06 »
Hi all, I'm Nick and new to the forum but hoping you may be able to help me in my search for missing parts for my 1960 Aceca Bristol, there is going to be a few I think and I'm gradually compiling a list over the coming weeks.
I'll start my search with Seats. Both the seats are missing, quite possibly in a trimmers somewhere in the UK?.
The car previously belonged to Terry Harrison who I believe was an AC Owners club member, so first question, Does anybody know where Terry might have sent them to be re upholstered? This would be a miracle I know, but worth a try.
If not does anyone have a pair of seats for sale?
Lastly if none of the above are available does anybody make the seats?
Thanks in advance

Nick

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Re: Aceca seats
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 13:26:53 »
Nick
Hawk Cars has new seats in leather for about £1,200! i believe they are made to AC specification.

Robin

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 13:38:51 »
Hi Robin, thanks for the info, Ill give them a call in the morning (still keeping my fingers crossed for the miracle seats to turn up though)
Kind regards
Nick

AK1161

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 15:15:23 »
Hi Nick,
I have sent you a PM......did you get it ?
Regards, Luke

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 16:09:54 »
Thanks Luke, apologies for the delay.... just replied now.

Many thanks
Nick

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 18:19:32 »
Nick

Before you invest in New or Second Hand Ace / Aceca seats...Beware,  Ace and Aceca seats  have a flat  rear/back panel where as Cobra seats have a
curved rear contour.   
Later Aceca Seats have  different shape side panels to allow easier entry / exit.

Nigel Winchester ( Hertfordshire. England ), Makes  correct Aluminium Seat buckets complete with metal frames ready for you to paint and free  issue to
your trimmer to pad and cover in leather and carpet.  (the rear face of the seat back is  finished in carpet)   

Cheers for Now
Keith.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 10:23:32 by AC Ace Bristol »

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 20:57:27 »
Nick

Before you invest in New or Second Hand Ace / Aceca seats...Beware,  Ace and Aceca seats  have a flat  rear/back panel where as Cobra seats have a
curved rear contour.   
Later Aceca Seats have  different shape side panels to allow easier entry / exit.

Nigel Winchester ( Hertfordshire. England ), Makes  correct Aluminium Seat buckets complete with metal frames ready for you to paint and free  issue to
your trimmer to pad and cover in leather and carpet.  (the rear face of the seat back is  finished in carpet)   

Cheers for Now
Keith.

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 22:22:12 »
Hi Keith, thanks for the info, very much appreciated.
Regards

Nick

Flakey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 21:19:31 »
Hi.
I was missing a pair of seats as well, I borrowed a pair and made 2 pairs I don’t have the runners but the frames are exact copies, Mail me your details if you’re interested mail@fhellis.com
Fintan

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 10:46:53 »
Hi Fintan, thanks for the info regarding seat frames, apologies for the slow reply, I could well be interested, exploring all options at the moment, Ill drop you an email with my contact details.
Many thanks
Nick

ctpearce

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 19:31:12 »
The standard Aceca seats do differ (with a flatter side bolster to the bottom cushion) from the Ace ones which are more of a bucket. I know this because my 1957 car (BE588) has an Ace seat for the driver fitted originally as the first owner raced it and wanted the extra support. So you could fit either depending on what you can find/make up. Some Acecas (eg BE817) also had a padded cushion/armrest on the central tunnel between the seats. Chris

Michael Trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 16:34:44 »
Just seen a pair of Aceca seats for sale on ebay.

Michael

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2021, 21:45:23 »
Hi Michael,  thanks so much for the info.  I've pretty much got it sorted now, Gerry at Hawk Cars had a pair of seat frames and has very kindly lent me the ally bucket parts and an old foam base and original cover to use as patterns.  I've made up new aluminium bits to match identically and the trimmer is well on the way with the leather now. I'll try and attach some photos.
I'm sure the ones on eBay will help someone, not cheap though.
Thanks again for thinking of me.
All best wishes Nick

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 22:06:02 »
This is the seat tub ready for the trimmer. As my seats were mising and I've now seen other Acecas with both the bucket type seat and the lower sided seat and in fact one of each (thanks Chris), I could choose the style I wanted and I'm pretty sure that back in the day the norm on the later Aceca would have been the lower sided seat but you could probably specify which ever you preferred. So I've gone for the  bucket style and fingers crossed it will look awesome..... so long as I can squeeze my legs in between the seat and the steering wheel. 🤔.... No more cakes for a while!