Author Topic: Drive it Day.  (Read 1611 times)

Big col

• View Profile
Drive it Day.
« on: April 25, 2021, 22:34:54 »
I managed a run out both yesterday and today in my 16/66. About 40 miles each day in different directions. Enjoyed the runs as part of the running in process and getting some miles on before another oil and filter change.
It was mid to late afternoon for both runs so I didn’t see many other classics, just the odd one but all were nice enough to give a wave. I Hope other members had a good Drive It Day
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Drive it Day.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 08:33:11 »
VG - I took ME177 out for the first time this year on Saturday for a short blast and it ran very well on its rebuilt carb.

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 09:47:33 »
Had the Ol Girl out on Sat and Sun as well, running very well with the Webers. Bodywork looking good now all fixed and fitted. Probably done around 100 miles over both days, a few coffee and cake stops.  Great fun but chilly.

Looking forward to a week away in the Ol Girl in Suffolk end of next week.

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 14:52:25 »
Yes a fantastic blue sky Sunday here and bit of a run out in the afternoon, chilly, but if you can't stand the cool breeze then don't motor without a roof. Wonderful views through the hills and a renewed acquaintance with some bye ways less well travelled.
After a programme of changing the sensors, one at a time, this was the first run with the new MAF on the Ford 302 EEC IV management system. Each sensor change has produced more and smoother power so I was delighted to find the Mk IV CRS even quicker, however that's another thread for another Forum Topic. Hope we get some of this gorgeous weather through the summer whichever wonderful A.C. we drive - thank you Weller, thank you Portwine, thank you Edge, thank you Hurlocks, thank you Angliss and thank you Lubinsky: Not to forget all those hundreds of employees who made up the A.C. team over the decades
Barrie

Ready to go