Author Topic: Aceca doors  (Read 10160 times)

Jam2

• View Profile
Aceca doors
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 09:41:49 »
translation via google

Unfortunately I have thrown back a wide range of diseases. It was only last weekend that I was able to resume work on my Aceca. Well, I have both doors disassembled again and the locks expanded. The play between the gears is, however, very low (<1mm), so I am unsure whether and how I should proceed further. Could you possibly overtake the locks for me? (Of course against payment). I would like to continue with other work, because I do not know at the moment how much time still remains to me (2nd and 3rd August OP Prostate Cancer)

So sorry to read this - very best wishes for the future.

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Aceca doors
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 10:04:42 »
Yes, I was also sorry to read of Chris's health issues & I've already responded to him via email.

Luke.

Didier

• View Profile
Aceca doors
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 10:41:11 »
Hi Chris,

I've just finished the door seals on a Jaguar (sorry) and I first rubbed them in with Vaseline.
   I think the best option is to do this and to try to close the door on the next 'click' and leave it to stand for a couple of weeks (after 15 years maybe you still have some patience left).
   On my Jag, after a couple of weeks or months, it became easier to close the door. At first, I didn't manage to open or close it because of the tension but after a while, time, pressure and Vaseline seem to have done the job.

Good luck!

Didier

Didier

• View Profile
Aceca doors
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 10:45:43 »
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, I only read the first thread and now saw you have health issues. Hope everything will be ok soon.

Didier

AE 501

• View Profile
Aceca doors
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 11:24:55 »
Thank you all so much for your wishes.

I thought I would send a private message to Luke - not realizing this appears in the thread! Sorry; I was not fishing for health wishes or boring you with my sickness...But nevertheless it's good to know you all beside me !!

Luke made a great offer to me. So I will send him my locks and can use my time for the last wiring and trimming.

THANK YOU ALL !

Chris

Michel OSSARD

• View Profile
Re: Aceca doors
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 10:40:33 »
Hi Chris,

Very nice restoration on a beautiful car. You can see how much work has gone into the project.

I am reviving this thread with an inquiriy about the colour used on your car body.
https://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10664.msg62444#msg62444
As you can see on the above thread, I am restorating my AC Aceca Bristol and I am struggling to find modern equivalent to Light Maroon Metallic or Metallic Iris Red.

If you have any tips or references, that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance