Author Topic: A last better brakes and bits  (Read 1833 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
A last better brakes and bits
« on: January 13, 2021, 10:14:55 »
HI

Finally, finished install of twin leading shoe brake  setup on the Ol' Girl. Had a bit of  delay after finding one of the wheel cylinders that I had refurbed and lined etc by Past Parts, had a crack in the casing near the bleed/pipe connections and was leaking and taking in air. No wonder I could not get the buggers bled. Thankfully Powertrack had just the right item to replace it, the last one they had, Phew ;D.

Cannot get her out on the road as yet, as still awaiting the return of my front wings from the sprayer. Still on the area in front of my garages she stops rather well, especially with the servo.

I will still be working on a disc brake conversion  (Found some Chevy discs that almost fit right PCD but need centre bore opening machining out a bit) once I have sorted out a few other bits on the Ol' Girl while she is off road. ie new gearbox tunnel, new carpets and drivers seat splits and cushion repaired, using C A Upton in St Leonards a very old family run business.

Hope all going well with you all in these trying times.

Cheers  Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

Big col

• View Profile
Re: A last better brakes and bits
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 21:50:47 »
Glad to hear that your making progress. Looking at the weather and the dreaded salt on the roads it’s probably best where it is having the attention laden on it and then enjoying it when the conditions improve.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

dsjw1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 18:26:42 »
Happy new year Gary. Interested to see the outcome of the disc brake conversion. Please keep us updated!

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 10:26:00 »
Hi ya cheers and happy new to you too.

Big Col yes not the time to be running about on the roads, especially with no wings at present.

DSJW  will do probably wont be until it warms up and I've finished fixing the Ol' Girl.

Cheers  Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.