Author Topic: Grease Guns  (Read 13769 times)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Grease Guns
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 20:41:38 »
Correct

A-Snake

• View Profile
Grease Guns
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 07:04:52 »
Now for some more confusion...

I found a grooved nozzle on a gun marked as  GB2801
   The top one is the GB2801 and the lower one a GB2800. Notice it has the same tool marks as noted on Dan's pictures. Odd??

Here you see the GB2801 on the left. Slightly different in design from the GB2800 on the right.

Here is the GB2801 body at about 6 1/2"

Here is the cap for a GB2801. Notice it has the same No 621173.

I have not tried the nozzle on the GB2801 as yet to see if it works on a Cobra.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Grease Guns
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 09:53:17 »
Dan, Jay, Peter  and all.........

Many thanks for confirming all the variations, Now I have seen all the pictures on this thread, I'm still none the wiser as to which one should be clipped to the inside wing of BEX333, which incidentally is a well used Ace, not a pot hunting trailer queen.

I use a modern gun with a long flexible nozzle, which makes greasing all the grease points front, back and especially with the UJs on the Propshaft and driveshafts very easy, Still not a five minute job, but Oh so much easier than with the correct Tecalemit gun.

A very informative and educational thread. Much appreciated.

However, I still need to spend the odd fiver and buy a period gun, But which one ?

Sod it,  I'm Going to have another drink  .......  and get well lubricated.

Keith

nikbj68

• View Profile
Grease Guns
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 12:50:42 »
Funny, I had spotted a '2801' on eBay but with the same patent no. as the 2800, however, the auction details don`t specify a vehicle application, as many others do...
   Some folk seem to have a different definition of the word 'Excellent', such as the seller of this battered old gun!(£66!!!)

From a purely aesthetic point of view, if both the crimped & capped body versions are historically correct, I`d go for the capped one meself,
   and if the nozzle is of the wrong size, it can obviously be swapped with pliers! (Although, if it`s only for show, any nozzle will do)

Careful with the lubrication there, Keith... we all know that over lubrication can lead to head problems, and hydraulicing of the main bearing!
   We don`t want to hear your piston broke!!