Author Topic: **Photos**ACOC 60th ANNIVERSARY INTERNATIONAL  (Read 10200 times)

duggan

• View Profile
**Photos**ACOC 60th ANNIVERSARY INTERNATIONAL
« on: July 11, 2009, 19:11:14 »
A very enjoyable day and a chance to catch up with old(er) faces. Great to see an excellent turn-out of cars as well, given the on-off drizzle on the day - thanks to the organisers.

A few Photo's:

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 21:50:19 »
It was nice to meet you and have a chat today James.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:40:49 »
Hi Aaron

Great pics from yesterday and that the weather didn't spoil things too much. Really tantalising glimpse too of 4 dark coloured 428s in the top right hand corner plus one red fastback elsewhere, was that the total in all ?

Hope you've one or two more pics as never seen so many all at once ! [8D]

Paul
   Did Andy bring one along ?

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 23:37:09 »
Originally posted by Classicus

Hi Aaron

Great pics from yesterday and that the weather didn't spoil things too much. Really tantalising glimpse too of 4 dark coloured 428s in the top right hand corner plus one red fastback elsewhere, was that the total in all ?

Paul

Paul,

There were 5 428`s there in total yesterday, I have never seen so many at once either.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:13:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron

It was nice to meet you and have a chat today James.

Duggan   &  Aaron

Great pictures, lets hope a few more are put on the gallery,  i believe there were approx  89/ 90 ACs present at Brooklands not counting bthose at /  in AC Heritage.

On behalf of all those present  this week end. A vote of thanks to both Andy & Karen Shepherd for putting together a great weekend of AC entertainment.  Also a vote of thanks to all the marshalls and Judges for their time and dedication in keeping things moving along and on schedule.

James May and his Camera crew were present for many hours filming "James Mayes Toys", Lets hope many of our ACs appeare in one of his future TV programms.  ( not sure if it May or Maye or maybenot )

Seriously,  Well done to all those members who turned up and made the 60th Anniversary Celebrations a great Success.

Keith

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:33:29 »
I agree, it was an excellent day, well organised, well attended and loads of fun!

Well done to all involved.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 09:03:06 »
Another great International!!
   First of all a warm "Thank You" to Andy and Karen Shepherd for the perfect organization of this truly good weekend. They even managed to restrict rainfall to the minimum necessary.
   And many thanks to all those involved in the organization of the event at Brooklands, ACOC volunteers and Brooklands marshals. Rare will be the occasions where so many AC’s get together.
   It’s really a shame that time flies so fast. Hard to meet everyone, and difficult to see all cars in detail.

Was back home shortly before 11pm last night, after first driving in convoy with Jürgen and Ursula Wahn in their Mk IV LW who headed for a stop over at the Belgian coast whereas I continued south-east. On the first filling station in Belgium I caught up Hainer Schäfer’s Ace Bristol and friend Peter with whom I then shared the next 200 kms of tarmac. When I left the motorway in Luxembourg, they happily waved goodbye with another 650 kms to go. They probably got home around 5 am this morning. Brave guys.

More impressions later as work priorities demand my attention now.

Constant

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:45:32 »
What a FANTASTIC weekend! It has been great to meet so many of the people I know from this forum, I`m looking forward to the next event already! Special thanks to Tony Bancroft, for re-uniting me with & taking me out in his Ace Bristol, 5 BPG, which was the absolute high point of the weekend for me!
   There was more to the event than just Brooklands, and I will be uploading photos from Denbies Vineyard, Brooklands and the Thames Ditton Pilgrimage as time allows, starting with Denbies(click pic for slideshow).

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 13:40:08 »
Not much on Youtube yet, but I found this link which has a good range of cars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggzN3jFcS0
   Hopefully there will be more to come soon ?

I would like to thank everyone involved in organising the weekend, Dee and I met a lot of old and new friends over the weekend and we had such a great time. I would particularly like to thank Andy and Karen Shepherd for their hard work and effort during the last few months. Thank you, your hard work resulted in the club having a truly memorable and enjoyable Diamond Jubilee.

Thank you  - John (and The Rev-Limiter)

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46:27 »
A short video of some of the test hill runs!

http://www.youtube.com/v/_x4qTUId1PM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:12:51 »
Originally posted by Classicus

Hi Aaron

Paul

Paul, you can see some more of my photo`s here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19634747@N00/

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 14:22:36 »
Hi Aaron

Thanks for the very memorable pic. and everyone else for the other great 428 pics too. [8D]

Paul

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:21 »
Thanks for sharing. Wish we had enough cars around here to pull something like this off.
   Jay

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 11:42:59 »
Hi Paul,

Sorry but as Organiser I couldn't take my Frua, and my Land Rover was the office/command centre for the weekend.

Thanks to all the hard working members who helped to make the event such a sussess. Hell I even enjoyed it myself.

As a postscript, the highlight for me was the Sunday morning trip to Thames Ditton. John Spencer walked a group or us round the village, visiting the various factory sites and describing what each had produced. As we walked we were joined by one after another local, who would add to John's own account by recounting their own experiences, and making us feel part of the AC family.

One chap joined us wearing his special Cobra Skin boot having heard the rumble of V8 engines. Another lady was part of the local Historical Society and asked if we could replace the plaque in the High Street with a more factual version. The Vicar blessed us and our cars as we passed the church, and a lovely lady invited us onto the island through a coded gate so we could see the "AC Amazing Cars" sign on the river side of Ferry Works. She didn't know us from Adam, yet let us treck through her house to see the sign.

It was a magical morning. Our overseas guests were bowled over by the welcome from complete strangers, and the atmosphere which still exists in Thames Ditton.

I was thrilled, as many of the old members had dismissed going as a waste of time as there was nothing to see. Big mistake, HUGE mistake.

Here's to the next one, Andy.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 12:08:38 »
It is all so true, Andy.

Well expressed.

"Constant, an overwhelmed overseas visitor"