Author Topic: Value of found AC Bristol  (Read 13267 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Re: Value of found AC Bristol
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2020, 18:19:42 »
Back to the subject of value, $20k feels very light as you put it, given the race history. Having said that the parts bill is going to add up very fast...
Here's a further idea though, you could make a very interesting NHRA classic street class dragster...Particularly if the drag racing history is documented.
...I shall never be forgiven for mentioning drag racing on the AC forum!
I think there would be a good case for restoring to it’s Drag Race configuration, if that is where the most historically significant part of BEX310’s past lies, but I suspect although the restoration cost would be significantly higher, the Lucky Casner connection may be of greater ‘interest’.
Either way, I look forward to BEX 310’s life & history continuing. 👍🏻

Cobra Ned

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 19:04:54 »
Numbers have been found on the latches, but I'm not sure where to look for the chassis VIN. Any help would be welcome.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 22:48:52 »
R/H engine mount usually shows the VIN.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 09:43:52 »
. Jerry & Ned

This Ace Bristol BEX310 has lost its Bristol engine and replaced with V8,  Engine mounts  usually removed and rebuilt to accommodate the V8
Vin Number BEX310 should be punched on door hinges, boot (Trunk) and Bonnet hinges,  Often  hand written on reverse side of Dashboard  and sometimes underside of Aluminium seat base.   ;)

Keith

Cobra Ned

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2020, 02:02:47 »
There is no doubt that we have located BEX 310, and numbers have been found on the doors and trunk/hood hinge areas. But as expected, it would appear that the R.H. engine mount is missing. I have photos, but they are coming in with too large a format to post. Now what?

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2020, 07:35:31 »
There is no doubt that we have located BEX 310, and numbers have been found on the doors and trunk/hood hinge areas. But as expected, it would appear that the R.H. engine mount is missing. I have photos, but they are coming in with too large a format to post. Now what?
The program "tinypic" resizes pictures.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2020, 23:44:07 »
You could ‘screenshot’ them and crop smaller. 👍🏻

SunDude

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2020, 13:35:27 »

Ned, upload the image files to your Flickr account. Flickr allows you to share/hyperlink the photos at different resolutions/sizes.

dsjw1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2020, 13:46:59 »
Why do you say that Dave?

Trigger

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2020, 11:58:56 »

Ned
Can you please post update on this thread  .............  Is BEX310 still up for sale? been Sold ?  being advertised or up for Auction. ?
Thanking you in anticipation.
One or two parties have shown interest in saving BEX310 and converting back to Original Thames Ditton Specification.   :)
Cheers for Now

Keith
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:47:36 by AC Ace Bristol »

Rolands

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2020, 16:26:41 »
We still have the AC  it is still in storage in Virginia.

Rolands

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2021, 22:30:19 »
The AC is for sale, If anyone is interested.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2021, 03:39:13 »
Rolands, where in Virginia is the car located? I am in Virginia also.
Peter B.