Author Topic: Superformance anyone?  (Read 7655 times)

westcott

• View Profile
Re: Superformance anyone?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 19:06:15 »
Thomas,

You opened a thread here and told all MK IV owners that:
- the look of the MK IV just not do it for you
- you would never consider a Cobra without leaf springs
- you are about to buy a superformance wannabe
- considering a Corvette as an alternative....
- you devide into AC owners and Autokraft owners
and finally you had some nice words for the folks here.

You are just in the wrong forum, sorry.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 19:56:43 by westcott »
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

TTM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 20:39:17 »
Well, isn't it interesting how you list down points I have expressed just like if I had broken several articles of some law which intricacies shall remained mastered by your Honour only? Club meetings must be fun when discussions on other types of cars are forbidden.
For some reason you seem to deliberately disregard my previous post explaining the reason behind my "Autokraft vs A.C." comment.

I am glad though I was able to hear from SunDude and Bob, who provided useful feedback. Thank you both.

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 07:18:47 »
If you are still interested in Superformance products you may find answers in our german cobra forum were a lot of friends are Superformance owners.

Just go to:  www.cobra-forum.de

Or go to: clubcobra.com , the US forum.

Log in as new member,,introduce yourself a bit, ask all questions you have and you will get tons of input within two days.

Listing the points should just show you why the rsponse is not that enthusiastic as you exected.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

TTM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 10:44:34 »
That is useful, many thanks. My German is a bit rusty but I will work it out.

Expressing a lack of enthusiasm is one thing, and perfectly fine I think, but getting on one's high horse is another thing.

AC Ventura

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 23:12:08 »
 I concur that the ClubCobra US forum is an excellent knowledge source. I certainly have a lot of friends on there and they helped me extensively, engineering-wise, when I was converting my car. By the way Tom, most of my comments were tongue in cheek, so don’t take them too seriously! Most of us own and/or admire other great cars. Anyhow, I think you’ll find a SPF, ERA or Kirkham an excellent choice, if you are not in the market for a Mk IV. Regarding other choices, you can find/run a Corvette with little effort or commitment. But nothing makes other people’s day, like a Cobra.
 Incidentally, by the time the Mk IV arrived Autokraft was the manufacturing arm of AC Cars. The cars were registered as AC’s once they had acquired the brand from the Hurlock family. However, the model name Mk IV was it seems never officially registered, despite its appearance on the company’s literature. But is how the model has generically become known and distinguished.

TTM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 10:40:53 »
Well, it is sometimes arduous to tell tongue in cheek from serious comments when the tone and face expression are missing in the communication, isn't it?!  ;)

Anyway, thanks for the help, again very useful. I know the MkIV is an excellent car, I can tell it is a very nice one even if it's not exactly to my taste, and it is no doubt as much an A.C. as the all the previous cars bearing the badge.