Author Topic: Goodwood Sprint - 31 October 2020  (Read 221 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Goodwood Sprint - 31 October 2020
« on: September 14, 2020, 09:44:48 »
Stop press

Goodwood Sprint

It is with great regret that we have to inform you that no spectators will allowed into the Paddock area of the circuit or any part of the infield.

Only those who are actively participating may go through the tunnel: this means Officials, Competitors and Marshalls and nobody else.

Club members and the public will able to spectate on the perimeter track all round the circuit but must not go infield at all.

Strict social distancing including masks will be the order of the day.

This means we will be complying with not only Motorsport UK's guide lines but also the latest Government ones as of 12 September.  If we break these guidelines we are in danger of losing the use of the circuit in future years.

Many thanks in anticipation of you all complying!

If you are coming to a lovely sunny wind free Goodwood would you be willing to be a club steward for the event?  You will need to sign on but it means that you can come into the paddock and I think use the nice warm and dry upstairs of the Jacky Stewart building.
The stewards' main function is to sit on any judicial proceedings but as we have never had any since the event started 40 years ago I hope you won't have to do anything!

Kind regards
Mike Smith
Clerk of the Course

We welcome John Abel as Secretary to the Meeting and thank Bruce Claasen for his hard and efficient work in the past.  Potential competitors should contact John for an entry form and ASRs at johnbel289 at gmail dot com.   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:09:21 by administrator »

GSouthee

• A classic car is not an investment it is to drive.
    • View Profile
Re: Goodwood Sprint - 31 October 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 11:43:48 »
Hi Admin

I would gladly like to be a steward, however who do I contact re this is it mike?  if so not sure of his email.  Can you assist.

Cheers  Gary
Nothing is impossible, but sometimes it takes a different approach. Now anyone got a big hammer?

bobbylangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 13:21:17 »
Look Mike's email up on he membership list Garry

GSouthee

• A classic car is not an investment it is to drive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 07:19:00 »
Bary I did that and tried the email already, I was simply wanting to check if M H Smith is  Mike. Cheers for that helpful insight. Gary
Nothing is impossible, but sometimes it takes a different approach. Now anyone got a big hammer?