Author Topic: AC Mk VI  (Read 4765 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« on: September 12, 2010, 16:39:39 »
There was a great deal of publicity 18 months ago about the AC Mk VI and an updated version of the car was shown at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. However there's been no publicity since.

Does anyone know the current position regarding the Gullwing operation?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 18:35:25 »
When over at Le Mans Classic in July there was a MKV1 on show reference:  AC Cars par Formula Lease
   8, rue du Canal
   67720 Weyersheim France

0033 (0) 90 64 65 65

www.accars.fr

The guy onnthe stand reckons they have Sold 6 ??

Quickly looked over the car, but not under the bonnet, car sat high so could well have been enginless.  regards build quality, Well the leather trim around the cabin and top of the doors was coming awayfrom the bobywork........ could well be due to the heatwave we were experiencing.

The general build quality looked pretty good, however but didn't linger around as there were far better things to look at in the adjacent paddock area.For more details Check out their web site.

Keith

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 21:23:37 »
I also had a look at the engineless and drivetrainless body exposed:
    - multitubular crossbraced chassis; no faint relationship to the wellknown Ace or Cobra chassis;
    - the guy behind the counter explained to me that running gear would be Chevy (Corvette and Camaro) based
    - own suspension design

Note that according to the "french" website brakes are Corvette, whereas the "german" Gullwing advert originally stated Porsche brakes.

I will post a few underbody photos tomorrow, shot by a friend at Le Mans Classic.

Here they are:

terry3000me

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:31:28 »

You can always contact Jurgen Mohr direct.

I am planning an update in ACtion before the end of year

Terry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 20:14:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me

You can always contact Jurgen Mohr direct.

I am planning an update in ACtion before the end of year

Terry

Dear Terry  ( Mr Editor )

Is the MKV1 a AC ??  

Without causing a major incident and being censored. If Jurgen Moir wants to promote and sell his MK1V in ACtion to AC members surely he should take a page or 2 and pay for the advertisment.Like any other commercial concern.
   Has he not already had umpteen pages of free advertising.?

Or has the ACOC already received renumeration?

Keith

terry3000me

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 01:50:58 »
Good point Keith, so far only news of the development of the Mk VI has been reported in ACtion and not as such to advertise the car. Jurgen has told me he will advertise in ACtion - when I hear you say, to which I dont have a firm answer [?][?]

Yes in my eyes the Mk VI is an AC

Terry

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 10:01:44 »
Legally it is an AC, built under licence as were the Mk IV and the Glasgow 3000ME.  Emotionally?  That is for each individual to decide.

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 13:26:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux

I also had a look at the engineless and drivetrainless body exposed:
    - multitubular crossbraced chassis; no faint relationship to the wellknown Ace or Cobra chassis;
    - the guy behind the counter explained to me that running gear would be Chevy (Corvette and Camaro) based
    - own suspension design

Note that according to the "french" website brakes are Corvette, whereas the "german" Gullwing advert originally stated Porsche brakes.

I will post a few underbody photos tomorrow, shot by a friend at Le Mans Classic.

Here they are:

Looks OK to me!

REV

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 13:52:49 »
Whether or not you like its pedigree, if the 0-100 KPH are correct it would be a helluva ride!

The 647 Cheval power really looks impressive!

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
AC Mk VI
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 15:07:22 »
This is certainly well built - German quality.
   Note that on the French advert the hardtop car pictured features 2 windshield wipers, like on the roadster that AC Heritage show on their webside. The car at LMC featured 3 wipers.

I recently came across an article on the web which well describes in its third paragraph what the MkVI is.

http://hubpages.com/hub/AC-MkVI-Evolution-of-The-Legend

Whoever has been following a bit the replica market knows that the Mohr Cobra with its typical features has been in existence as such long before the AC badge was put on, now marketing it as an AC.

Apart from body size and lines deviating largely from MkIV / CRS / MkV s, the MkVI shows another typical replica feature: external boot hinges.