Author Topic: Sears Black Flag race revisited.  (Read 4188 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Sears Black Flag race revisited.
« on: July 04, 2009, 13:33:55 »

In the August `09 issue of MotorSport magazine (out now!)There is an article reuniting (Sir?*)Jack Sears & Sir Jackie Stewart with their cobra and E-type from the 1964 Brands Hatch race of legend!

*Is Jack Sears a 'Sir' or not...and if not why not???

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 14:11:02 »
It´s not "Sir", because it´s "Gentleman" Jack. For everybody who likes him and is interested in his biography:

I met him in Boulder last December and really do like him. All the other Shelby team members are great, too. That´s why it is easy to imagine that there was a huge team spirit - and you can still feel it today when they meet again!

Michael

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 20:05:01 »
Having got to know Jack and his wife very well in the last few years, I can honestly tell you he is a true English gentleman in the old fashioned sense. He has an amazing recall of his racing days and if you put a photograph of him racing a specific car in front of him, Jack will tell you when, where and who was involved.....astounding stuff. We correspond on a regular basis and in one of my first letters to him, I did call him Sir Jack, something he quickly told me was incorrect, however in our house he is known as Sir Jack. He has agreed to come onto the AC stand at the forthcoming show at Silverstone, don't miss the opertunity to meet him if you can get there.
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 22:41:25 »
And that was day I will long remember as well! I showed them the b&w photo of the start (see above) and Sears waved it under Stewarts nose and demanded to know why he gone from pole as there was the proof!! " Maybe a marshal directed me there" was the (very) unconvincing answer!

After three laps of the GP circuit (when they got told off for making too much noise in the lunch break - mustn't upset those good folk who decided to live within a stones throw of a long-established GP race circuit!!! Muppets) Sir Jackie asked everone to check the back of his E-type "because that ruddy Sears bloke rammed me!" Once a racing driver....... :-)