Author Topic: Cobra MkIV 1989 - German "Low emission zone"  (Read 5479 times)

koen

• View Profile
Cobra MkIV 1989 - German "Low emission zone"
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:10:31 »
One of our customers wants to register his MkIV (AK1240) in Germany, and needs a so called "Grüne Umweltplakke". This is a sticker that allows cars to come in the city centre low emission zone.
   Are there any German MkIV owners around here who can tell us how to
   obtain this for a 1989 registered Cobra MkIV please ?
   Any help is much appreciated.

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:26 »
Koen:
   I live in Germany. I acquired my 1987 MkIV (AK1200CH) earlier this year. It is fitted with a 302EFI and has a controlled catalytic converter which is known here as 'G-Kat' ('geregelter Katalysator'). I did not have problems with getting the green environment badge.
   I was advised, however, that without the G-Kat my car would not have been eligible for the green badge. If AK1240 has a G-Kat this will be reflected in the registration papers. There are various sites in Germany where you can obtain the green badge if you show them registration papers confirming that the car is fitted with a G-Kat. I got my badge directly from the local motor vehicles registration office when I registered my car. Other bodies that issue green badges include TÜV and DEKRA (equivalents, in this respect, of the MOT in UK), automobile clubs such as the ADAC, and car repair shops.
   Jürgen

koen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 19:09:02 »
Jurgen, the car has 4 Weber carburettors and no G-Kat.
   It was sold new in Germany, and has got 4 subsequent German owners.
   There are TüV papers and Dekra papers, but it seems to be difficult to get the green sticker.

302EFI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:39:07 »
Koen, here you can make an online check with DEKRA whether your car meets the requirements for obtaining a green badge: http://www.dekra.de/en/1398. In view of your car's engine not being an EFI with G-Kat I am not overly optimistic though.