Author Topic: Aceca stampings  (Read 2677 times)

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
Aceca stampings
« on: November 04, 2014, 15:05:45 »
Can someone tell me where the transmission and differential numbers are stamped on an Aceca?

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Aceca stampings
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 18:47:56 »
The differential is stamped on the upper side of the nose casting. It's only stamped with a makers number and another code prefixed ACH and the ratio 12/47 or 14/51 ect, not with anything that was chassis specific.

The Aceca Moss gearbox I have has no stamps, I don't have a Bristol gearbox at present but I think they are also only marked with their type such as  BWCR9, but I guess they could have been matched to a specific engine block, maybe someone else will know for sure.

Regards Luke.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
Aceca stampings
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 23:05:31 »
Luke's assumption is correct regarding the stamping of the Bristol gearbox.
   It should consist of the type followed by a serial number. For Ace and Aceca models the type is BW CR 9 or BW CR 12 as far as I know.
   The serial number should match the serial number of the engine or be very close to it. Later cars like BEX 798 might have a small difference between both serial numbers.
   This indicates the box is original to the engine.
   In the case of BEX 316 gearbox BW CR 12 650 exactly matches engine 100D 650.
   As I mentioned before the stamping is on the right hand side of the main case of the gearbox, i.e. on the passenger side of a LHD car.

Jerry

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
Aceca stampings
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 00:26:38 »
Thank you gentlemen.