Author Topic: Tulip Rally 1955  (Read 2412 times)

alexG

• View Profile
Tulip Rally 1955
« on: December 29, 2015, 16:32:44 »
Following his class win in the above, John Gott commissioned a painting by Michael Turner. An image of this appears on P120 of Rinsey Mill's book "AC 6 cyl sports cars". I asked Rinsey if I could get a copy, thinking it had come from the original painting, but apparently it was taken from a card produced by the ACOC, maybe for Xmas? some years back. Even Michael Tuner does not have a copy on file.
   So the question is does anyone know of this, and maybe still have a copy stashed away somewhere that I could beg/buy/borrow please? You never know!

Apologies if this copy of a photo I took from Rinsey's book is not exactly as it should be. Trying to get an image link from Flickr seems close in complexity to getting a rocket to dock with the International Space station.......

[/url]IMG_20150819_131506280.jpg by alex grenfell, on Flickr/"img]

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Tulip Rally 1955
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 20:40:33 »
Alex,
   Terrific picture, which I have always admired. Here is a facsimile of the only copy I have ever obtained. It appears to be a colour print mounted on a card. No idea where or when I got it - Hogmany some time I suppose ?

Front shewing AE01

And reverse

Although my print is in good condition the painting really deserves reproducing from the negative or transparency, but surely the original work cannot have been destroyed ?

alexG

• View Profile
Tulip Rally 1955
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 23:37:13 »
Thanks Barry, at least your copy of the card is better than my photo, of the print in the book, taken from the card!! Yes its a very evocative painting.
   You're right, the painting must be somewhere, but lord knows where, maybe with some relative of JG I guess. Have had a bit of a look at that area, in terms of family trees, but its very unclear frankly.
   Maybe someone will come up with the origin of the card, if nothing else.....
   Am just trying to get the best quality image I can in order to make a poster type print.
   Alex