Author Topic: Trying to locate a specific Bristol  (Read 3184 times)

DaveW124

• View Profile
Trying to locate a specific Bristol
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:13 »
Dear Bristol owners,

Back when I was in my early teens (turn 60 on my next birthday) I was taken for a ride in an AC bristol and that ride made such an impact upon me that it has stuck with even to this day. Since that one ride the AC Bristol became my all-time favourite car. In thinking about a bucket list (no I am not dying, at least not that I know of) and I thought it would be great to be able to see that car once again or to even go for a ride in it so I thought I would ask those on this forum if they know where it resides these day.  I don't want to infringe on any privacy issues but the Car was located in Waterloo Ontario (on Shakespeare Drive) and was owned at that time by Bill Carter.  I had stopped by to see it a few times over the years but have lost track of him and the car.

Does anyone know now owns that car?  If so I would love to hear from the person who owns it and maybe see it again or better yet go for a ride in it.

Thanks for any and all information and assistance.

DaveW

DaveW124

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 13:28:05 »
The above thread should say - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  Sort of forgot I was posting to an International forum.

DaveW

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 02:39:45 »
Might this car have been BEX 136, a very early Ace Bristol?
   Please contact Tony Bancroft, the registrar, for more details.

Jerry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 00:16:46 »
Dave.

I can confirm that the Ace bristol you are trying to locate is BEX136 as stated by Jerry.

Checking through the Ace/Aceca Register 1954 - 1963  2nd Edition (my copy dated December 1991, compiled by R Baselt,  Foster City. CA.94404 , USA ) It states the last known owner was a  W S Carter in Canada

Hopefully Tony Bancroft (UK)  Ron Leonard or Jim Feldman (USA) have more upto date record.

Good Luck in your Quest..  ..  ..[;)]

Keith ..[:)]..[:)]

Tony Bancroft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 18:34:28 »
Dave
   Unfortunately we do not have any information on Bill Carter.  The first time he was listed was in the third Ace Bristol register in March 1985.
   The details of this car are;-

Chassis No  BEX 136
   Engine No   100C2 4153
   Colour      Off White, red leather,black hood & tonneau.
   Ex Works    7 April 1956
   Dealer      Scarboro Beach Garage, Toronto. Canada
   I have checked the engine number and as far as we know, it doesn't appear with another car, which of course is a good sign. I also cannot find his name on any racing lists.
    So if you are able to find any further information on Bill, we would be most grateful if you would contact us again.
   regards
   Tony Bancroft  Ace Bristol registrar
   ps We are Not Bristol owners but AC ! The only Bristol parts used in an Ace Bristol are the 2.0 litre engine & gearbox.

DaveW124

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:56:24 »
Tony,

I was just this evening able to find some info on WS Carter the owner of BEX131.  It appears that he is still alive and living in his longtime residence in my old hometown.  I will attempt to contact him and if I am successful I will be in touch with any update he may be able to provide.

DaveW

DaveW124

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:24:38 »
I was able to contact Bill Carter the owner of BEX 136 and he has communicated with me that he still has the car and that it was fully restored back in 1995.  I have sent him this site and so he will probably be contacting it. He is more than happy for me to come up to his place and to take me for another ride in it.  I will be taking my camera and hope to get some good pics of BIll and the car and one of me in it as well.  I will be the one with the ear to ear grin on his face.  He told me that he actually used his bristol to take him and his wife out to British Columbia from Toronto Ontario (approximately 3,000 miles) on their honeymoon back in 1959.

I hope to get more interesting history on the car so as to be able to update the register.

Thanks to those of you who helped me out with this quest. It has been an exciting time.

DaveW
   Port Stanley, Ontario Canada