Author Topic: Aceca dash switch  (Read 13629 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« on: March 22, 2008, 20:41:47 »
Can someone tell me what the rotary switch on the bottom left hand side of the dash on my Aceca is supposed to do? It's not hooked up to anything right now, not sure what it is supposed to control. The heater/demister fan maybe?

Any help appreciated. Also, does any club member have a wiring diagram for an Ace and/or Aceca, or know where they are available?

Peter
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 00:25:37 »
Peter

On my Ace (BEX333)  the Switch you refer to is a panel light swich to adjust the lighting to the instuments and is fed by a Red /white wire ( Connects to Speedo , taco,  etc and a Red wirewhich is taken from the light swich

Please confirm your email and I will scan and email the wiring diagram for my  Ace Bristol,  1956 /57 Home and Export models.

Lucas Wiring Diagram No W31520A dated (Feb 1957) which supercedes
   W31520.

Email:    Keith dot lessiter at faac dot co dot uk

The colour coding Will be the same but  schematic will vary slightly.

Keith

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 00:40:45 »
Thanks Keith. It's not the panel light, the switch next to the starter button in the picture controls the panel lights/brightness on my Aceca. So still a mystery for now!

My email is bowmanpj@hotmail.com, I'll also send you an email that you can just reply to. Thanks for your help.

Peter
Peter B.

aex125

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 04:59:30 »
Peter,In case something happens and Keith is unable to get a scan, I can scan the schematics Ron Leonard sent me. He sent me 2 different ones with one version for single speed wipers and the other for 2 speed wipers. As for the switch question, I checked Rinsey Mills' book and he stated that the 5 switches below the gauges were not standardized and what they did varied among the Acecas. Hopefully the schematic will offer a clue. BTW, I believe British Wiring has a page on their website that defines the color coding that was used on all british cars in the '50 and '60s. It has info like Brown is always hot, White is switched hot,etc and once you have this info decoding the wiring loom is pretty easy even if you do not have a schematic.
   Jay

59 Aceca

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:12:50 »
Peter,

I got an Aceca wiring diagram from Ron Leonard a while back and have emailed you a scan.  Hope that helps.

Greg

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:42:12 »
Peter

Have scanned & emailed wiring Diagram, hopefully it is readable at your end.

On looking through Brooklands book " AC Ace & Acecas 1953 -1983" there are a few pictures of Aceca dashboard layout, However the swicthes  do vary in both postion & function.

If my copy is not clear and the others on offer are of same quality, please send email and I will get colour photo copy sent by Snail Mail when I get into Office after Easter break.

Keith

antonio costa

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 13:13:47 »
Peter
   I have ona AC ACE and in my car the switch is a electric choke. It has two positions - vertical off horizontal on.
   I also have a wiring diagram for the AC ACE with AC engine. It has a different code: No W29340A issued March 1957. I do not know if it applies to an Aceca but if you need it let me know.
   Antonio

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca dash switch
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 20:11:40 »
Thanks to everyone for your replies and emails. Based on the wiring diagrams I've received, in my case the switch should control the blower motor. Keith, I did the same exercise and looked thru the books and came to the same conclusion - seems like there were lots of different combinations and configurations. Thank goodness for this forum and it's contributors for all your knowledge and assistance!

Peter
Peter B.

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
Re: Aceca dash switch
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 14:44:42 »
Hello! anybody has still a copy of the wiring diagram for a 1959 Aceca?
Thanks!
Eddie

MLeitao

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 10:50:37 »
H,
 It's available on the Aceca page, under "articles, on the AC Owners Club website, but attaching it here.
Has any one has good pictures of the switch panel, as i'm finishing mine, and need a layout.
Best
Manuel

MLeitao

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 10:51:57 »
Here the wiring diagram for 1957.
Hope it helps
Manuel

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 21:27:57 »
Thank you Manuel for this diagram.

Would this be different for a 1959 model?

Eddie

kicksey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2022, 22:11:08 »
It’s the electric choke on AE513