Author Topic: Superblower for sale £129,950  (Read 3110 times)

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Superblower for sale £129,950
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 10:03:58 »
and also the second of 2 produced Lotus V8 twin turbo powered 212sc

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 19:51:25 »
Interesting to hear that 17/17 is the last Superblower as 19/19 is sitting in my garage and presumably 18/19 is also hiding somewhere else.  Having said that, in the interests of trying to prove to my beloved that all the money I "squander" on cars is not wasted, I do hope they get the price being asked for!  I won't hold my breath though.

Ian Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 20:53:33 »
According to my register records it is not the last. 7019 is the last completed car to leave the factory. There is I think one other later car that the factory never finished and the final build is now being carried out by the private owner.
   My info for 7017 shows a 2000 build date and was owned by G Knowles Motors of Scotland.I have very little other owner data however at price of £129,950 it has just broken all SB sale prices and if sold can only be good news for other owners!

quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY

Just spotted for sale on the autotrader.co.uk website.

Per the advert this is car number 17 of 17, 750 miles (2002 registered car).

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=2&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=AC&min_pr=75&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=TW2+5RW&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=34&ukcarsearch_full.y=8

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 22:57:08 »
I suspect that 7017 may have been the last car to be registered.  It looks remarkably like a car that AL tried to sell to me in early 2001.

At this stage it was virtually complete and was, according to AL, subject to a problem with the prospective owner who had paid a deposit but could not complete on the deal.  He offered it to me at a price that was equal to one we had already agreed less the deposit paid.    As it was I did not like the colour and spec so he agreed to build for me a vehicle to exactly my specification for the same price as offered on 17.  At the time I thought it was one of the most innovative and effective ways I had ever seen of trying (and suceeeding) to close  a car deal!   In fairness to a AL he honoured all elements of the deal and the car has given me a lot pf pleasure since.  I believe the buyer of 20 was not as lucky, though he was able to recover the chassis and bare body from the factory..  This was subsequently sold to the current owner who is in the process of completing it (and has posted a number of inputs to this site).

Assuming it is the same car I have no idea what happened to 17 between mid 2001 and it's registration in 2002, though recall AL giving instructions to "wrap it" once it was clear that I would not be buying it.

In the meantime does anyone know the history and specification of 18?  Unless the car I presume to be 17 is, in, fact 18, then there was no sign of another Superblower in the factory during my visits there to watch 19 being built.   The only cars in build during this period (mid 2001) were a few CRS's an FIA and  two Continuation 427s.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 15:21:34 »
Update.

I have spoken with Charles Freimuth at 555 who is very friendly and helful.  Turns out that the car is in fact 7018 (so that mystery is solved then) and that the original buyer was told that it was the last ever car to be built.  I presume it could be described as the last ever to leave the factory and the last ever to be registered.   555 are planning to ammend the advert.
   It will be interesting to see if the car sells and, if so, at what price.  I am sure we will all be pleased if it goes for a very large number.