Author Topic: History of Aceca 101EPK  (Read 2232 times)

Geraint Owen

• View Profile
History of Aceca 101EPK
« on: April 29, 2010, 17:24:47 »
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on the history of my Aceca registered 101EPK. It is a 1958 Bristol engined car

Rumour has it that during the early years it was rallied by Vic Elford (later to be a Lemans and F1 driver). Does anyone know anything else about his or any other competition work?

I know the story from 1964. It was bought by William (Bill) Tate. I dont know if he used it for competition of not, but he used it a bit. Luckily he kept everything, every last receipt, everything. He clearly got fed up with teh HUGE bills for repairing the Bristol engine. In 1969/70 he fitted a Daimler 2.5litre V8 - the car still has this engine.

He took the car off the road in 1973. It was back on the road in 1986 for 6 months when it was sold. It was then on teh road for a summer in 1990. After that it was laid up until we bought it in 2008.

We have rebuilt all the mechnicals, but left the flakey paint and original interior. It is a sort of shabby chic! Lovely drive and makes a good noise!

Any early history, especially competition stuff much appreciated

thanks

Geraint Owen