Author Topic: AC MkVI  (Read 81942 times)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 13:23:16 »
Not funny :-(

I am kidding, not yet, but it has been promised to me that I will receive the AC MkVI before the saison starts. I just missed the year in the communication.
   To be honest and with all respect to my enthusiasm towards AC brand, I am loosing my patience and my lust to complete this project, so I set to myself a deadline by June 2014. After that I will most probably abort the exercise and keep dreaming.  The delivery deadline is soooooo overdue, that I am pretty confident that I will step down from the sales agreement without any loss.

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2014, 01:45:36 »
Seems to be a common thread the new AC Cars (Eu) not delivering
   COB2700 was already completed and at ACH, it took 5mths just to get it out of the UK
   Hope Heyda provides good support for the homologation process, it will be essential to getting the car to you asap. Also may want to look at what longer term support they will provide.... experience speaking here

shep

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2014, 15:45:06 »
I am sad to hear that your car is taking so long to reach you. At the AC Owners Club, we have precious little knowledge of the Mk VIs. However... all the many variants of Cobra over the last 50 years have been mechanically simple enough to tune and repair without any real dramas. All parts can be sourced or fabricated with relative ease, and I can't see why the Mk VI should be any different. It is a shame that legislation and bureaucracy act as such a handicap, but that is the modern world. Good luck, and we will all keep up with your progress. Andy.

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2014, 15:31:58 »
Thanks Andy, actually, I promised to place an article describing the MkVI in the ACtion as soon as the car will reach my garage. I discussed this already with Juergen Mohr and he approved that manuscript and pictures. It will give a good idea of how the car is built what are the components, etc.. Indeed, I can confirm, that the car is no rocket science, just taking advantage of modern automotive industry technology, but all components are standard available items, and maintenance can be done at most GM centres, if required.
   Basically, the support is supplied by the importer (he as green as I am, because of the massive delay), a 2 year warranty with two complete maintenance plans included for each year.

I wonder how it will work in New Zealand, as so far no importer are hired yet there. But again, parts are standard componentry and many workshop shall be able to do the work.

So let's hope for the best, plan for the worst and enjoy life ;-)

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2014, 03:18:47 »
It does not really work in NZ.
   The car car came with a limited warranty of sorts, but as there is no agent or appointed representative the onus falls on the purchaser, retrospectively something I should have given more consideration to prior to purchase.
   While as you stated the majority of parts are standard componentry, one must first at least have some clue as to what and where the parts have come from, something severely lacking, but in the process of being sorted. An example would be the EFI system on 2700, although the sticker says it is from Professional Products it does not give any further details or clues, there is also the small issue of the software and what has been programmed into the controller.
   While most workshops could carry out any work, I prefer to carry it out myself as:
   1) the pleasure derived is directly proportionally to the hours spent (and the contents of the beer fridge)
   2) it gives one piece of mind to know a task has been carried out correctly
   3) being ex-RNZAF my standards are probably somewhat higher than the average mechanic and by doing the work myself, I know that those standards are being maintained
   4) there is less risk of getting the car damaged, as most workshops and mechanics these days have little respect for ones property, unless you go to a reputable workshop, which in my part of the woods would be several hundred kilometers away

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2014, 20:47:33 »
Last news: body back from body paint, looks awesome.
   Next steps: upholstery and eventually delivery scheduled in March... 2014 !
   Homologation: still a question mark, but anyway, the sales contract include the Swiss homologation, so no worry, be happy.

Patience pays, but costs too.

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2014, 11:57:42 »
scroll down the page for the latest pictures:
   http://www.manuandfuci.ch/projects.html

Chafford

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2014, 12:01:20 »
Looking good! When's the car being delivered?

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2014, 20:47:06 »
supposed to be delivered end of March. I precise supposed. Pictures by courtesy of Jürgen Mohr

Chafford

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2014, 12:34:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Spantik

supposed to be delivered end of March. I precise supposed. Pictures by courtesy of Jürgen Mohr

We're almost there!

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2014, 15:08:46 »
Well, who is we ;-)

jbottini

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 15:57:07 »
Those living vicariously through you

TLegate

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2014, 16:38:31 »
Can't wait - any day now - space cleared in the garage :)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2014, 11:54:58 »
Well, yes, space cleared, ready for reception, but the object is still missing...

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 18:06:04 »
Update from Heyda (pictures by courtesy of Jürgen Mohr): http://www.manuandfuci.ch/projects.html#Heyda