Author Topic: German translation anyone ?  (Read 4406 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
German translation anyone ?
« on: September 10, 2009, 18:58:21 »
Something about a "recreation....AC 428 Frua chassis....". Can anyone help with a German translation please ? Thanks [:)]

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=v1arwtpk3jky&asrc=fa

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 22:30:15 »
I copied and pasted it on a translator web site..... This is what it came up with!

I told it to translate German to English, but it seems a little like German to Double Dutch!

Hope it helps.[?]

HR partner: Dietrich largely Tel.: the chassis number of an original Cobra carries and is also so officially certified 0049 - 7731 - 99 55 66 the COBRA 427 offered here by us. After our current searches the assumption develops itself that it concerns with these Cobra one recreation structure on AC428 Frua chassis, at least it by a connoisseur of the Cobra scene is in such a way judged. The quality of the structure, the detail loyalty and the driving fun, which are to be quite assigned to the original, make it again very heavy to determine a deviation the original. An independent Classic DATA appraisals from at the end of of 2007 proceeds obviously from the originality of the car and documents a value of € 550,000, -. Also a further appraisal from 2004 proceeds obviously from an original. The history of the original Cobra lets itself reread in the Shelby American World registry on page 221. Since it run-in-corrodes itself with the 427er around a lightweight construction engine for acted, existed on the part of Ford engine company delivery difficulties for this propellant charge. Thus the majority of the 427er Cobras was actually equipped with 428 Kubikzöller, like also this Cobra. A Classic DATA evaluation from end of 2007 certifies it a condition note 2. the prices for the rare original Cobra of models in the last years enormously developed. In collecting tank circles one speaks of the fact that still no end is in view. This condition leaves also an high-carat recreation version to an interesting piece of collecting tank becomes. An excellent investment of funds, as we think. We advise you gladly. Began everything with the Texan chicken breeder, Chili manufacturer and running driver Carroll Shelby. A man, who realized most diverse thought and conceptions in typical American manners with markigen sayings and large matter of course its. Thus it drove Hot Rod running over the quarterly mile just as naturally as it 1959 with Roy Salvadori on Aston Martin the 24 hours from Le Mans won. Because of a heart illness Carroll Shelby had to give the motorraces up. From now on he dedicated himself to the automotive manufacture. It led in the year 1961 with the English automobile company Aston Martin negotiations across the supply with prototypes. Aston Martin had however no capacity freely and in such a way turned Shelby to the English sportscar manufacturer AC. Shelby transplanted a new easy-weighty V8-Motor von Ford in the easy English Flitzer and created thereby the Cobra. In the year 1962 number CSX 2000 the first Cobra prototype with AC chassis and Ford V8-Motor developed with the chassis. 1962 began also series production. It was fast clear that the Cobras on the running runways with your bear-strong V made 8 engines a good figure. Carroll Shelby was however not yet content. It set now a 7 litre large Ford V8, which it modified, into a.C. Body, became likewise clearly broader and now A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   ( Enter up to 150

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 12:07:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

Something about a "recreation....AC 428 Frua chassis....". Can anyone help with a German translation please ? Thanks [:)]

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=v1arwtpk3jky&asrc=fa

If you really need it I can do a translation. But I think it is not worth. This car dealer has a Cobra with a CSX chassis number. Further more he has a certificate which claims that this is an "original" cobra. But he knows it is not because the story of the original car of that CSX number can be read in the Shelby bible on page 221.

Now, the dealer has a problem. He has a really nice car with a certificate which claims the originality, so the car is 500T€ worth. But he knows that the certificate is wrong. So he has a nice car with a value of 50-100T€.

So he affirms that there is an "expert of the cobra scene" who said that this chassis seems to be a AC FRUA chassis. Woa, what a prove. This is the reason why it is nearly a AC and the price is half the way between a really nice replica and an original.

I think if you buy a AC Frua for let's say 100-150T€ and put again 100-150T€ on the table to convert it into a Cobra (shame on you if you really would do it,  but I know you wouldn't) the result would be better and cheaper and it would have more history then this clone.

Regards, Peter

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52:51 »
quote:
#  This car dealer has a Cobra with a CSX chassis number....

# So he affirms that there is an "expert of the cobra scene" who said that this chassis seems to be a AC FRUA chassis.....

Thanks a lot Peter [:)]

As there's still unfortunately "No Trace" of 17 Fruas, to remove any final doubts created by this "expert of the Cobra scene" how best to prove it's not a Frua chassis ? Without measuring it when no-one's looking !! [:D]

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 14:23:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

quote:
#  This car dealer has a Cobra with a CSX chassis number....

# So he affirms that there is an "expert of the cobra scene" who said that this chassis seems to be a AC FRUA chassis.....

Thanks a lot Peter [:)]

As there's still unfortunately "No Trace" of 17 Fruas, to remove any final doubts created by this "expert of the Cobra scene" how best to prove it's not a Frua chassis ? Without measuring it when no-one's looking !! [:D]

I just called them to ask for the reason (and maybe for the CF number) but the in-house expert is not "in house" today. I will check it next week.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 14:30:23 »
Thanks indeed Peter, much appreciated.

Paul [:)]

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 10:00:20 »
Hi Paul,

the car has the number 3239. There was an expert who told the dealer that this car is very probably not the original but he guess it is build on a FRUA chassis. No more information. I am sorry. Nevertheless the dealer offered me to send more pictures then you can find here (Autosalon Singen) if you need to identify anything. But you can call him directly he speaks english. But I can also do it for you. Just inform me.

Best regards, Peter

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:08:04 »
Hi Peter

Thanks for your help ! I'm hopeless with all things mechanical so no idea at all. All I can think of is to perhaps ask the the dealer if he could measure the chassis to see if it's 6 inches longer than a Cobra's. Or to ask the original expert to get in touch with you directly with definite written or photographic proof that it is a Frua chassis....????

All suggestions most welcome ! [:)]

Paul

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 14:35:28 »
Hi Paul,

I don't think that the chassis is 6" longer than a normal cobra. The dealer has two certificates which claim that it is an original. A 6" longer chassis would have catched to the eyes of the referees.

I asked for the expert who claimed that this is maybe a FRUA chassis but I had the impression that they didn't want to tell me the name. I'm afraid that this is a dead end.

Sorry, Peter

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 18:10:44 »
Once again many thanks for your help Peter [:)]

Paul

strada5300

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 20:06:46 »
The best part of these kinds of forums, besides historical input, is these
   queries about chassis and fudged numbers. Now that there is the internet, bodged cars can 't be passed off as easily on unsuspecting buyers. Bravo!