Author Topic: CRS Sells for £12,500 Shocker!!!!  (Read 2496 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
CRS Sells for £12,500 Shocker!!!!
« on: April 23, 2009, 00:45:29 »
AC CRS Sells for £12,500!!! [:0][:0]

...Or so it says in this month`s "Classic Cars For Sale " magazine,
    as the caption for this photo:

BUT, having picked myself up from the floor in the newsagents, I read the main text, which said:
   "Of the post-war sporting stock, an only 12,500 miles since 2000 AC Cobra MkIV went for £35,200"

PHEW! [8D]
   Still seems like a bargain to me, only just making lower estimate.

Details from Classic Cars For Sale.co.uk:

Brightwells Classic and Vintage Auction Results
   Auction Date: Wednesday 18 March 2009

Make:  AC
   Model:  Cobra CRS MkIV Sports
   Price:  £35,200 (approx. €37,481 or $49,213)
   Year:  2000
   Price Significant:  Number 6 of 30, carbon-fibre bodywork, inertia reel belts as well as full harnesses, all old MOTs, 2 owners, 12,500m
   Condition Rating:  (condition rating 1.25)
   Original, low mileage, would appear to have been only driven in fine weather.

Interestingly, OCTANE Magazine report the mileage somewhat lower and the price slightly higher:"..At the opposite end of the spectrum, a nine-year-old carbon fibre-bodied AC Cobra CRS MkIV with just 1200 miles on the clock was also hotly contested before finally being knocked down to a UK collector for £35,700."

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
CRS Sells for £12,500 Shocker!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:55:24 »
THe above CRS, chassis #006, was purchased by one of my good friends. The car is in good overall condition but desperately needed some freshening up and a proper service. After some general external component rechroming, a very extensive service with the all important Iridium spark plugs and ITG air filter, fresh tyres and refurbished wheels and some retrim work now the car is superb again and looks like a year old example. Also when purchased one of the side screens was broken and the hood sticks were missing, these have now been replaced, that wasn't mentioned in the auction review!!
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens