Author Topic: Car covers  (Read 10395 times)

AK1440

• View Profile
Car covers
« on: May 15, 2007, 14:29:12 »
Any recommendations for an indoor car cover?

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 15:52:46 »
For a number of years I have used an indoor car cover from Classic Additions www.classicadditions.com
   or look at www.classicadditions.com/custom_made_indoor_car_covers.cfm?CFID=8866310&CFTOKEN=74296676
   I found them very helpful, you can buy a standard cover or order one made for your car. If you go for a custom one you need to tell them if you have a roll-bar or if you intend to store the car with the hood fitted etc. The company attends most of the car shows in the UK and are very approachable, I suggest you e-mail them and have a chat.
   John.

88epx

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:00:59 »
Hi
   The advice I have been given, by the guy who repainted my Ace, is never cover a car in a garage.

The paint/car can sweat even if its not wet from rain irrespective of how good the cover is said to be. This I would think is very likely in HK.

Use a ninette clearning mop to keep dust off.

Cheers
   Rod

twogreens

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 17:38:43 »
Hi AK1440,
   My cover was made by Covercraft of Europe (www.covercraft-europe.com).  It came as original equipment supplied by AC when my MkIV was delivered new from the factory.  They are OEM suppliers to a lot of the quality car manufacturers and keep all of the original patterns in stock.  It is clearly a very high quality item but I dread to think what the current price is.

Regards
   Two Greens

nikbj68

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 19:12:57 »
Have you considered one of the inflatable 'tent' types? Run off a small compressor, thereby generating airflow.