Author Topic: Ace Bristol Hardtop.  (Read 3023 times)

shep

• View Profile
Ace Bristol Hardtop.
« on: March 02, 2011, 17:39:09 »
There is a GT race championship which demands a closed car to enter. Nigel Winchester informs me that a soft top is acceptable, but if we are going to be serious, I'd prefer a proper hard top. I spoke to Gerry Hawkridge, who can make me a glass fibre one, and I'm sure Aubrey can make one in aluminium. Before I embark on such a costly exercise, I thought it best to ask the members if anyone has an Ace hardtop laying around at the back of their garage, and would be willing to sell it. Either Le Mans or Roadster style would be of interest. I will also need to find some side screens to match! Thanks, Andy.

shep

• View Profile
Ace Bristol Hardtop.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 17:48:52 »
I also spoke to someone the other day who is looking for a 2.6 engine and gearbox. Any ideas? Andy.

shep

• View Profile
Ace Bristol Hardtop.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:57:51 »
Oh by the way, I currently have a curved windscreen, but could convert to flat screen if it made economic sense. I have already had one offer by phone to borrow one for the season, but for all the effort of fitting to the car I'd much rather find one I could keep.

88epx

• View Profile
Ace Bristol Hardtop.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 14:42:43 »
Hi Andy
   I have a Ford 2.6 engine MKII (206E)and manual gearbox that could be made available. I was building it as a spare for my Ruddspeed car.
   This is the correct engine for the Ace.

Engine appears in good condition with very little bore wear.
   The head has been checked, skimmed, new value guides and unleaded seats fitted by Burton Power.  In itself not a cheap operation.

I also have an "Aquaplane" manifold with triple su's that I rebuilt.

If your contact is interested give me a call on 07711 268150 I am in Herts near Berkhampsted.
   Rod

shep

• View Profile
Ace Bristol Hardtop.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:36:27 »
Thanks Rod, I'll pass on your number. Speak soon, Andy.

shep

• View Profile
Ace Bristol Hardtop.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:51:21 »
Aha! Seems you have already spoken, and done the deal, such is the speed of modern communications. All the best, Andy.