Author Topic: Now this does look origional  (Read 7401 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Now this does look origional
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 11:51:08 »
As A-Snake pointed out though, there are non-originalities to this Cobra too, but it really is the story that sold this one so well. It`s the Cobra that will be remembered in a line of Cobras at a show. Is that worth an extra half a Cobras`worth? Obviously to someone!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 12:30:02 »
OK, maybe a rethink! You get CSX2048, then with the difference in hammer prices you buy This ACE, a true example of originality*, quality & patina!

*Original except for an original-colour respray & Dayton Chrome wheels!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 19:38:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

It's about history and originality. 2048 had covered in excess of 200,000 miles by 2005 so could be described as "well used" and "much loved". Which is nice, of course, but....

And of course the description say it has been restored to,as new, was the car originally fitted with those rather odd looking side vents ?

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 19:47:59 »
Having seen the car up close and personal, I'll stick to my story.
   to me this falls in the "rat-rod" category, not something I see as befitting a 289 Cobra... I'm glad she got 200.000 miles in it. Makes for a tired motor to me! Some cars, like my friend Paul's 1972 914 Porsche, are incredible time warps. gorgeous car. Some cars are stinkin' piles of chicken p[xx(][xx(]p...and need a good cleaning. Like my son, when he comes in from the backyard! I wonder when he will catch on and call it patina...

Gus