Author Topic: Free Mk IV Workshop Manual  (Read 7079 times)

ANF289

• View Profile
Free Mk IV Workshop Manual
« on: June 27, 2009, 05:05:31 »
Well, it’s not really a workshop manual, but it is the closest thing we’ve got to one.  I’m referring to Peter’s (aka dkp_cobra) opus 'tool time' story: how I recreate my MK 4.  There’s a storehouse of information in the 8 pages on this forum, but it is a bit difficult to find things using the sites search engine.  Obviously, not having anything better to do, I put all 8 pages together in a fully searchable, 347-page PDF file.  A few closely related threads were included as well.  Anyone who wants a copy can hit the “e-mail poster” button, and I’ll send you a copy.  Note that this file is 29,282 kb large, and some may have problems receiving it.  Alternatively, if the ADMINISTRATOR agrees, this file could be placed in the Mk IV members area and downloaded from there.

Best to all,

Art

AKL 1333

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 09:39:29 »
Hello Art,
   can you pleas send me a copy to wahn@netcologne.de
   Thank you
   Juergen

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:05:11 »
Thanks Art.  Can you reduce the file size by zipping it up?  Otherwise try emailing it as it is and I will see if it arrives.  I'm not sure if BT has an attachment size limit.  Address is bryan dot mo at btinternet dot com - will certainly be very good on the MkIV pages.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 11:05:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by ANF289

Well, it’s not really a workshop manual, but it is the closest thing we’ve got to one.  I’m referring to Peter’s (aka dkp_cobra) opus 'tool time' story: how I recreate my MK 4.  There’s a storehouse of information in the 8 pages on this forum, but it is a bit difficult to find things using the sites search engine.  Obviously, not having anything better to do, I put all 8 pages together in a fully searchable, 347-page PDF file.  A few closely related threads were included as well.  Anyone who wants a copy can hit the “e-mail poster” button, and I’ll send you a copy.  Note that this file is 29,282 kb large, and some may have problems receiving it.  Alternatively, if the ADMINISTRATOR agrees, this file could be placed in the Mk IV members area and downloaded from there.

Best to all,

Art

Hi Art,

that's a nice idea. What's the basic document type? Word? It would be nice if you can send it to me so I can extend it. Currently I disassembled my rear axle to change some rose joints and bush bearings. I can make fotos and write a little bit what I am doing.

Regards, Peter

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 15:59:47 »
Can I get a copy asap...baby is in hospital for dropping Salsbury and it might prove helpful to tech. jamesbottini877@msn.com

ANF289

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 16:21:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by AKL 1333

Hello Art,
   can you pleas send me a copy to wahn@netcologne.de
   Thank you
   Juergen

Hi Juergen,
   Will do ASAP.
   Art

ANF289

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 16:24:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by administrator

Thanks Art.  Can you reduce the file size by zipping it up?  Otherwise try emailing it as it is and I will see if it arrives.  I'm not sure if BT has an attachment size limit.  Address is bryan dot mo at btinternet dot com - will certainly be very good on the MkIV pages.

I am indeed having problems w/ the upload.  Good suggestion, I will try zipping it this evening.  If that doesn't work I will send you a CD by airmail.

ANF289

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 16:34:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by ANF289

Best to all,

Art

Hi Art,

that's a nice idea. What's the basic document type? Word? It would be nice if you can send it to me so I can extend it. Currently I disassembled my rear axle to change some rose joints and bush bearings. I can make fotos and write a little bit what I am doing.

Regards, Peter

Peter,
   The original is a series of WORD documents that have been converted to PDF and combined in Acrobat.  Acrobat could not handle a single Word file this large on my computer.  I can send you all the word files, but then you would have to combine them yourself.  Formatting was done specifically for Acrobat, so if you use a different PDF maker it may not formate the same way.  It might be easier for you to send me the new material and I can update it.  If the zip file method works, this should be no problem.  If it doesn't, I can mail updated versions to the Administrator.  Later. Got to run, have a date with a Mk IV!
   Art

ANF289

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 16:36:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Can I get a copy asap...baby is in hospital for dropping Salsbury and it might prove helpful to tech. jamesbottini877@msn.com

Jim,
   Will do as soon as I can figure out how to e-mail this monster.  If not, can send you a CD ASAP.
   Art

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 13:09:33 »
To Peter: Wenn du die Daten verwurstet hast, dann schick mir bitte einen Satz!

To all: DETUNE YOUR ENGINES, this will avoid axle and slip diff problems[:D]!

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 23:32:05 »
Art, I'll pm my address. Jim

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 22:51:45 »
You may want to have a look at"You send it", We use it at work for sending large files.

http://www.yousendit.com/cms/how

Cheers - John.

ANF289

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 03:56:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

You may want to have a look at"You send it", We use it at work for sending large files.

http://www.yousendit.com/cms/how

Cheers - John.

Looks good John, thanks.  I will try it after I update the file again.  The current version was sent to the administrator on a CD via air mail, and will hopefully soon be available in the members section for download.
   Best - Art

ANF289

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 19:04:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by administrator

Thanks to our administrator the PDF file is now availabale in the ACOC Members' Area under Model Directory/Cobra Mk IV & Superblower/Articles/ Cobra MK IV Rebuild from the Forum.  Note that it is 30 MB and takes a while to load.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 19:56:37 »
Thanks for putting it together, Art.  It's worth pointing out that the file is searchable using Acrobat Reader.