Author Topic: Suspension  (Read 3616 times)

tdperth

• View Profile
Suspension
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:03:53 »
Hi all,
   I am completely restoring a Greyhound in Perth Western Australia and need some advice if I may.
   My car is missing an anti roll bar. Would anyone know what fits or what diameter the bar should be?
   Also does anyone know where I can get hub seals and suspension bushes for it?
   While I'm here...has anyone had to convert the suspension geometry for any reason. I am looking at ways to convert it so it has adjustment for camber and caster at the front and some sort of tow adjustment for the back. Does anyone have any info reference parts to do this etc..?
   Thanks in advance :)
   Trevor

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Suspension
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:29:52 »
Try Brian Eacott for parts Phone/Fax 44 20 8397 8472

Robin

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Suspension
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 06:37:08 »
The Roll bar is 5/8" diameter.

Robin

tdperth

• View Profile
Suspension
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 13:40:23 »
Thanks Robin.
   You wouldn't happen to know what other cars use the same one?
   I have measured up all the dimensions for the car but have found that sellers don't show any dimensions for their antiroll bars.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Suspension
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 17:00:45 »
Trevor
   I do not own a Greyhound so you really need to talk to the Registrar, the greyhound chassis design is very different to the Ace & Aceca as well as the Cobra, also I would expect being a later design the track is probably wider so suspension detail different!
   Roll bars are not difficult to manufacture providing you ensure  good specification steel & proper heat treatment, I am sure a good Blacksmith could make one for you!

Robin

nikbj68

• View Profile
Suspension
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 21:42:12 »
We replaced the suspension bushes with Jag XK120 items from Polybush,
   The front trunnions & uprights are Triumph TR3/4, but the wishbones are AC bespoke items, and the trunnions are non-standard too. Could be tricky to alter camber/castor without major surgery! We have no roll bar on the Greyhound, looks like there never was one.
   Hope some of this helps!

tdperth

• View Profile
Suspension
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:50 »
Thanks for all the help again.

I have all the parts from Brian and a TR4 antiroll bar and parts from Rimmers....all looks good [:)]