Author Topic: Ace Door Catches  (Read 2323 times)

AE413

• View Profile
Ace Door Catches
« on: January 10, 2009, 17:57:02 »
Does anyone know a source for the Metalastic or Silentbloc type of bush used on the fixed part of the Ace door catch? To get the catches replated I need to remove the bushes, and (Sods Law) one refuses to come off! It is either destroy the bush or miss plating the striker. The size of the bush is 14.15mm OD (close to 9/16 inch), 7.95mm ID (5/16 inch) by 23mm long. I have searched on the Web and can only find bushes starting from 20mm upwards. Any ideas where I can get the required size bushes?

John

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Ace Door Catches
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 20:25:27 »
Try Paul Beck Vintage Supplies 'www.vintagesupplies.com' you might find it cheaper to purchase a new lock plate than re-plating them! Paul should be able to supply the bushes as well also the wedge & nut if it is worn!
   Robin

AE413

• View Profile
Ace Door Catches
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 20:01:24 »
Thanks, Robin. Paul could not supply just the bushes, so I bought a complete striker, his part numer is 602N. While many reproduction parts are often slightly poorer quality than originals, I can honestly say this is indistinguishable from the original one. At £24.40 it is probably little different in cost from having the original one replated.

John