Author Topic: Aceca Windshield  (Read 2797 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Windshield
« on: November 17, 2008, 02:54:10 »
Does anyone know of a supplier in the US that could reproduce a front windshield for an Aceca? I don't believe they are available through the club or anywhere else at this time.

Any leads appreciated.

Peter B.
Peter B.

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Windshield
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 22:22:43 »
Since no one has been able to supply a resource for Aceca windshields, is anyone unteretsed in getting one if I can find a source to make them? I'm sure cost will be dependent on the number of screens that need to be made.
Peter B.

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Windshield
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:56:12 »
Peter,

Just seen the post, reference windscreen, I'm currently costing up the side windscreens for an Ac Ace Brooklands, it costs a small fortune to get them made. Basically two issues, 1) low production level means high end cost and second finding someone who can do it well. One option you could do is contact http://www.oldschoolwindscreens.co.uk/ (Old Windscreens in the UK) ask for Rob. He sourced me a few Aceca Windscreens. Remember also there are two types curved bottom or sharp corner. So you will need to get both made. My view would be ship from the UK.

John

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Windshield
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 14:26:27 »
Thanks John. I'll contact Rob to see if any are available. I agree, I'd rather find an existing supplier than go through the process of getting some made!

Cheers,

Peter
Peter B.

SBB

• View Profile
Aceca Windshield
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 08:58:47 »
Brand new Aceca screens, either square bottomed or round bottomed edges can be obtained from Old School Windscreens Limited, Longcross, Near Windlesham/Chertsey, Surrey.  They will be listed in Yellow Pages or on Directory Enquiries.  I passed the visiting card I got recently to Alastair Caldwell who wanted a square bottomed windcreeen to replace the one that has cracked on his 1955 Aceca.