Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum / Greyhoud For Sale 200YPH
« Last post by R Warlop on May 05, 2024, 16:52:35 »
Fellow community members, after 11 years of delightful ownership of my Greyhound, I have decided to sell it as I'm moving out of the UK.  Tyres are 8 months old and it runs "like new" thanks to a super reliable and easy to maintain Triumph 6 engine + gearbox.
Redline Engineering refreshed the corners (trunions, bushings, track rod ends etc....) a few years ago.
I have a period-correct Zephyr spare engine with a matching floor-mounted gearbox (very hard to find) if anyone has the time to bring it back to spec.
PM me if interested - I haven't advertised it anywhere yet as I want to give this community a first chance.

The car was covered in detail by Classic & Sports Car magazine: https://www.classicandsportscar.com/features/ac-greyhound-and-ac-aceca-forgotten-childrenÂ
Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum / Ford Zephyr 6: which oel?
« Last post by dkp_cobra on May 03, 2024, 19:26:41 »
Dear Zephyr 6 engine owners,
who can tell me which motor oel do you use? I found in an old manual for this engine the specification SAE 20 or 20W. But I would like to use a modern oel.

Does anyone use a 15W40 or a 20w50? Any experiences you can share?
Cheers, Peter
Yes, of course it's the same.
Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum / Re: BE 646
« Last post by dkp_cobra on April 28, 2024, 09:14:08 »
Now, the other wood parts are finished. The construction is identical for all parts. An aluminium plate covered with walnut veneer. Grinding the wood with 280 and then covering it with seven layers of one component wood clear coat. Grinding that with 400, 600 and 1000 wet sand paper. Finally it was covered with two layers of a two component car clear coat.

428 Frua Forum / Re: CF66
« Last post by AndyMay on April 25, 2024, 20:23:41 »
No problem, you have my contact details if things with your sale work out.

Kind regards

Andy
« Last post by marsh on April 25, 2024, 19:20:31 »
Hello Andy - lovely to hear from you!

Thanks for the quick response - much appreciated. It sounds like you've had a busy few months bringing it back from the brink.

I'm in the process of selling my Aurelia, which is going to Holland, all things crossed.

I won't darken your doors until that's actually happened, as we all know these things aren't done, until they're done. Let's stay in touch.

Kindest regards

« Last post by AndyMay on April 25, 2024, 18:18:44 »
Hello Lee,

This car is mine so will provide a little background to it:

The car was originally a UK car, then exported to USA (I don't know by who) then some years later came back on a temporary basis to be auctioned (by RM) in 2009; sold for £111,500 inc fees (those were the days!) and then went to a collector in Kuwait. From what I can establish, it was basically stored until auctioned to me last spring. As you're aware, I paid just shy of £60K but then had to pay the import fees (auctioned on a temporary import arrangement) so £65K once on my driveway (invoices to show).

I have spent the last year getting it to the state it is in now which was quite a task. The outer sills were crumbly (replaced along with inner bottom sections both sides), the seats recovered per original in a mix of leather and vinyl, engine and gearbox out to attend to various requirements, brake calipers and servos disassembled and rebuilt, electrics gone through to get everything working again, 5 new wheels and tyres etc etc. So, a little bit more than a simple recommissioning.

Anyway, I'm happy to show prospective purchasers around the car and talk through exactly what I have, and haven't done. I think the price is very fair for the state its in now and considerably less than the that being asked for other cars recently (or still) available. As always, a chat on the phone is often the best way to determine if one wants to progress to a viewing and my number is on the advert.

Kind regards

Andy

428 Frua Forum / CF66
« Last post by marsh on April 25, 2024, 16:02:42 »
hello all - it's been a while...

I see CF66 is back up from sale, on Car and Classic, for £84500.  I recall it sold last year with Bonhams, for just a tad under £60k; requiring recommissioning.  The seats look like they've been retrimmed or repaired, but outside of that, it looks outwardly similar to how it was sold last year.

I am potentially in the market for a reasonable priced, but usable 428 - does anyone know this car? I can see from it's past auction history that's it's travelled around a fair bit over the last 20 years.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Lee
General Forum / Brooklands Best of British day - May 27
« Last post by dfh on April 25, 2024, 14:42:36 »
Is the club doing anything formal to attend this event? Im not 100% going to go, but thought it might be fun given my car was made there...
https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/best-of-british-2024

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10