Author Topic: Color code  (Read 3028 times)

ak1234

• View Profile
Color code
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:38:01 »
Cab anyone tell me why the color code on the car says 602 british racing green and the paint suppliers cant find that code ...they have britsh racing green in 701 ???

Also does anyone know what paint these cars were painted in ..

Thanks in advance Ron

RJE

• View Profile
Color code
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:52:26 »
Ron
   My car is Jaguar BRG Code 602 and I was able to get the paint after a very little bit of a search. There were various BRG codes dependent on the time period when they were used according to my cupplier. I'm sorry I can't remember the manufacturer of the paint.
   John

jbottini

• View Profile
Color code
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 14:07:13 »
AK1234 Ron i believe, there should be a paint dymo label on a foot box under hood, that failing, see  MKIV or Trevor legate. i believe the cars were painted with celluouse lauquer, I've heard as many as 14 coats, but who knows. Jim AK1113

TLegate

• View Profile
Color code
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 21:14:32 »
Bear with me, my Registry is buried under a pile of boxes (redecorating) but I'll try to find the info during the weekend). I'll be back....

ak1234

• View Profile
Color code
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:53:07 »
I went to the Local Auto Body supply and the guy with the pony tail who looked like he was out smoking some thing the night before spent 1/2 hour searching thru the computer .. he only came up with code 701 BRG .. so he mixed me a pint .. but after I got home ..I thought he mixed two step and I want only to touch up a few nicks with a brush and color sand them ... I kinda figured by looking at the paint that it was laquer with no clear originally ...it scratches very easy .. I might comment a very poor choice of paint...

John B the code label is right under the hood ..plain as day ..602 BRG .. but the crack head cant find it in the computer.... and there arent any other paint suppliers in my area.

So back to my question 602 BRG is from what eyar Jaguar ??

Any help would be great.  Thanks Ron

Color code
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 13:06:00 »
We have the Ac paint/factory build records  John in Malta does too - the information is the colour would have been a Glasurit formula , the 701 is normally a 2coat clear over base  Glasurit has discontinued that paint  , a spieshecker ref is 68687- a code for a mix by another manufacturer is Hen/701  racing green 2c . (an 86-89 color ) which makes sense as your car is recorded as 8/7/88 . Peter who is one of our painters painted most of the autokraft built mk4s , hope this helps Steve

ak1234

• View Profile
Color code
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 00:45:15 »
Ok a GLASURIT color 602 1986 - 1989 should do it .. I have to research a new source in my area.

Thanks

Ron