Author Topic: Do I want to own a Cobra?  (Read 2384 times)

chris_b

• View Profile
Do I want to own a Cobra?
« on: May 20, 2015, 14:25:41 »
I am looking for some advice/help. It has come time for a car cange and a Cobra could well be the car for me. I am looking to find out what Cobra ownership is actually like. I have another vehicle, but would want to use the car on a regular basis. It would not be a daily driver, but I would want to be able to use it in the wet. (not raining sideways though)

I have a budget of around 14k and realise that this is very much at the lower end of the Cobera scale. This is fine though. I am more intrested in what the options are with that budget, where I should be looking and what for. I am also intrested in reliablity. I realise each of these cars is individual,but I want to be able to use it... not sat looking good on the hard shoulder [:D].

Any info, advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tbanks.... a hopefully furture Cobra owner [8D]

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 15:06:03 »
Chris,

At this price you won't be able to buy any type of original AC Cobra.

However, you will be able to get a very respectable car. The best source of help is The 289 Register (www.the289register.com) and you can get a feel for it at www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk24GaD81fg

Happy hunting!

RS

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 15:06:25 »
Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum.
   Your best bet is to post the same question on the UK Cobra Club & The 289 Register Forums, as there are going to be owners there better able to answer your questions & guide you in the right direction.
   All the best, Nik.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 15:08:17 »
You want an answer, and 2 come along at the same time!!!