Author Topic: CF66  (Read 151 times)

marsh

• View Profile
CF66
« on: April 25, 2024, 16:02:42 »
hello all - it's been a while...

I see CF66 is back up from sale, on Car and Classic, for £84500.  I recall it sold last year with Bonhams, for just a tad under £60k; requiring recommissioning.  The seats look like they've been retrimmed or repaired, but outside of that, it looks outwardly similar to how it was sold last year.

I am potentially in the market for a reasonable priced, but usable 428 - does anyone know this car? I can see from it's past auction history that's it's travelled around a fair bit over the last 20 years.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Lee

AndyMay

• View Profile
Re: CF66
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 18:18:44 »
Hello Lee,

This car is mine so will provide a little background to it:

The car was originally a UK car, then exported to USA (I don't know by who) then some years later came back on a temporary basis to be auctioned (by RM) in 2009; sold for £111,500 inc fees (those were the days!) and then went to a collector in Kuwait. From what I can establish, it was basically stored until auctioned to me last spring. As you're aware, I paid just shy of £60K but then had to pay the import fees (auctioned on a temporary import arrangement) so £65K once on my driveway (invoices to show).

I have spent the last year getting it to the state it is in now which was quite a task. The outer sills were crumbly (replaced along with inner bottom sections both sides), the seats recovered per original in a mix of leather and vinyl, engine and gearbox out to attend to various requirements, brake calipers and servos disassembled and rebuilt, electrics gone through to get everything working again, 5 new wheels and tyres etc etc. So, a little bit more than a simple recommissioning.

Anyway, I'm happy to show prospective purchasers around the car and talk through exactly what I have, and haven't done. I think the price is very fair for the state its in now and considerably less than the that being asked for other cars recently (or still) available. As always, a chat on the phone is often the best way to determine if one wants to progress to a viewing and my number is on the advert.

Kind regards

Andy

marsh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 19:20:31 »
Hello Andy - lovely to hear from you!

Thanks for the quick response - much appreciated. It sounds like you've had a busy few months bringing it back from the brink.

I'm in the process of selling my Aurelia, which is going to Holland, all things crossed.

I won't darken your doors until that's actually happened, as we all know these things aren't done, until they're done. Let's stay in touch.

Kindest regards

AndyMay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 20:23:41 »
No problem, you have my contact details if things with your sale work out.

Kind regards

Andy