Author Topic: steering wheel gromet....top clips  (Read 3320 times)

gblue

• View Profile
steering wheel gromet....top clips
« on: December 24, 2006, 02:25:40 »
Aloha...I bought #1203....what an incredible machine....fotos later...the only problem was where the steering column passes through the firewall....the rubber bushing is split and the rod moves around....where would I get another...I can make one if I have to......also....no clips on the windscreen ....does the top need them to clamp down?....if so are they available?  Top and window bags still have factory marking in yellow with #1203....car is so original it's amazing....right down to the tires with 42oo miles.....

Mahalo from Maui......gregg blue

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 03:19:21 »
ah ...so you did .... good luck .. hooking the covertible on the wind screen for me took a little research .. there should only be two clips on the side .. the middle slides in fron each side ...side to side...yes my car ak1234 ... still has the bags and all the markings ... 10k on her now.

Ron

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:50:42 »
Gregg, I have AK1113 and had CSX3327 Cars in most boby/frame aspects are identical-major difference is powertrain), The grommet is available from Motorsports International in CA. Clips available there as well. Windshiels posts should have holes already. also check Finishline in Fla for clips; one per side. Be very careful of those tires..likely dry rotted and vey hard (greasy) when you replace them, same the old ones. replace ments are  afun exercise, I did Dunlop SP8000's and am vey happy with them, but these are not 425 hp cars, so there is a little overkill. What is your email address?Jim

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 20:17:45 »
Gregg, nice car.  I looked at the photos and it looks like you have everything you need to attach the top.  There are two studs on the front rail of the top which slide into the channel on top of the wndshield frame. The front rail is in two pieces (attached to the top) and if you insert the studs one at a time you will see how they slide in the channel so that you can clip the toggles (which are also attached to the top) onto the catches at the sides of the windshield.  There are instructions in the owners manual which is posted on the internet at http://community.webshots.com/album/31597373CwUCdBYNFd.  Good luck with it.  John  AK1103

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 20:22:12 »
I just tried the link in my previous post and it says the page is not available.  In the "search" box on the screen that comes up, type in "autokraft" and hit go.  You will get a bunch of photos, brochures, articles and the owners manual that come up.  John

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 14:56:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by linklaw

I just tried the link in my previous post and it says the page is not available.  In the "search" box on the screen that comes up, type in "autokraft" and hit go.  You will get a bunch of photos, brochures, articles and the owners manual that come up.  John

John, tried you @ office..got the service. call me at 908-510-5594