Author Topic: Interesting info on an AC; again defying search  (Read 4075 times)

Jim A

• View Profile
Interesting info on an AC; again defying search
« on: December 13, 2009, 00:06:51 »
Southern Californian Tam McPartland and his webpage continue to have a massive amount of worthwhile things.
   Here is a link to Jerry van Kalleveen's BEX316/100D650 in Pumpkin with a four page "Road Test Magazine" October, 1970 article.
   Apologies in advance if this latecomer (to the forum if not AC's)doesn't know how to search.[:I]
   http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/VanKalleveenMysteryCar.html

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 03:39:03 »
Certainly not the most 'flattering' color on an Ace! Thanks for posting, Jim.

Peter B.
Peter B.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:43:13 »
That wasn`t there the last time I looked at Tam`s,  
   Quite a colour!!!

Some great Ace pics here too, at the bottom of the page, then go to the previous page! [8D]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 13:50:29 »
Jim and Nik

Thank you for bringing these great pictures onto the forum, they have been in the public domain for some time, however Can any one confirm the Chassis number of Sandy Blatts maroon Ace race number 95C as he spins gently into the straw bales.

The other Maroon Ace race number 23, driven by Al Norman seen here chasing Earl Grafton in Ace  number 61C, (BEX352) picture taken in  1961.  Again can anyone put a Chassis number to Al Norman's Ace Bristol.  Maybe Juergen Ziller in Germany can help ID either of these Aces,I believe he is in the process of restoring BEX352 [?]

Regards Jerry Van Kalleveen's patriotic coloured (pumpkin) Ace Bristol BEX316, It's all a case of taste, personally I think the colour suits the car, Would be a boring world if all the Aces were the same colour. A one off maybe  but once seen never forgotten.
   Can any one help Jerry with the racing history of his BEX316 [?]

Any additional information on any of these three Ace Bristols will be shared and appreciated by many, with the added bonus of complementing data on/in the Ace register.

Keith [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 13:53:40 »
A few photos from Keith`s Archive:

Jim A

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 16:45:36 »
I wasn't sure what the car had been placed on for pics until the last one.  I guess I have been away from the hobby too long to recognize some kind of zip-up portable garage, sort of an updated M.G. Mitten.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 18:54:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim A
   I wasn't sure what the car had been placed on for pics until the last one.  I guess I have been away from the hobby too long to recognize some kind of zip-up portable garage, sort of an updated M.G. Mitten.

I don`t know if it is actually a CARCOON, but they are great!

(Is it just me, or does this look like a row of Chevy`s
   that have been eaten by VW Campers??? [:p] )

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 04:51:55 »
I remember reading some of their ads, but do not remember seeing a lighter. That sounds like a nice little item.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 09:29:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Jim and Nik

Thank you for bringing these great pictures onto the forum, they have been in the public domain for some time, however Can any one confirm the Chassis number of Sandy Blatts maroon Ace race number 95C as he spins gently into the straw bales.

The other Maroon Ace race number 23, driven by Al Norman seen here chasing Earl Grafton in Ace  number 61C, (BEX352) picture taken in  1961.  Again can anyone put a Chassis number to Al Norman's Ace Bristol.  Maybe Juergen Ziller in Germany can help ID either of these Aces,I believe he is in the process of restoring BEX352 [?]

Regards Jerry Van Kalleveen's patriotic coloured (pumpkin) Ace Bristol BEX316, It's all a case of taste, personally I think the colour suits the car, Would be a boring world if all the Aces were the same colour. A one off maybe  but once seen never forgotten.
   Can any one help Jerry with the racing history of his BEX316 [?]

Any additional information on any of these three Ace Bristols will be shared and appreciated by many, with the added bonus of complementing data on/in the Ace register.

Keith [:)]

Jim  A

You seem to have shot off at a tangent,  Great  racing photos and the AC  Ace-Pumpkin (BEX316).   I know Jerry in the Netherlands would really appreciate learning more pre 1964 History of his Ace Bristol BEX316.  Hence the additional photos attached including the Black and white one showing the pre 1970 Californian number plate ....  just on the off chance that someone in the USA has some period track side  or racing Paddock pictures.

Don't mean to be a kill joy or appear a grumpy old Sod, but reference the MG Mittens, can they be put on a seperate thread?.

OOOPPpppsssss .... Jim, Please dont be offended.

Keith [:I]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:35:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

A few photos from Keith`s Archive:

Nik

Thank you for publishing a few random photos of Jerry Kalleveen's Pumkin Ace,  Lets hope Jerry has a surprise Christmas Present of a few new leads on pre-1964 history of his Ace BEX316.

Keith  [:)]