Author Topic: Donington Historic Festival 30/4 - 02/05 '16  (Read 3750 times)

David S

• View Profile
Donington Historic Festival 30/4 - 02/05 '16
« on: December 07, 2015, 14:52:09 »
A new Festival for us to attend as part of the AC Owners Club, alongside the Silverstone Classic.
   A quick summary of this Festival:
   With close-fought racing every day, over 400 historic racing cars spanning seven decades, historic rally car and karting action and a ‘living motoring museum’ created by dozens of car clubs displays – plus a host of other attractions – exhilaration and entertainment is guaranteed, whether you buy a ticket for one, two or all three days! On each day of the Festival gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9.10am, finishing at around 6.30pm. The provisional timetable will be announced early in 2016.

The code will appear in the January edition of ACtion but is also shown below:
   2016DHFAC.

I have attached the link for the site which includes detail on what is happening at the Donington Historic in 2016.
   www.doningtonhistoric.com

The tickets are discounted on a 2 for 1 basis (children under 15 are free), all tickets need to be booked for parking on the club stand by 1700 hours on 24th April. Prices are as follows:
   Ticket type   Booking Fee
   £21 Saturday, Sunday or Monday single day ticket   £1.05 (so total ticket cost £22.05)
   £34 Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day ticket   £1.70 (so total ticket cost £35.70)
   £48 3-day weekend ticket   £2.40 (so total ticket cost £50.40)
   The transaction fee is a one-off post and packaging cost for the total order, and that is the same whether a member is buying one pair of tickets or 25 pairs of tickets. The transaction fee is £1.95 per order for first class post and £6.40 for secure post. Your members will be able to choose their preferred method of postage at the checkout.

I hope you find this Festival of interest and are willing to come along in your AC's, so that others have a chance to appreciate your cars (and of course you get to see some good racing and meet a few of the other ACOC members).

Look forward to seeing you at the Festival

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 08:50:32 »
Just a gentle reminder that you have until the 24th April to obtain the discounted prices.
   I have not heard from anyone, please be advise if you intend to book for this event.
   thanks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:10:11 »
Hi David,
   I live in Nottingham ,so Donnington is just up the road. We will be attending the DHF on the Saturday with my 3000ME and look forward to meeting you and the other AC owners. We have tickets to the infield.
   Regards,
   John Hannam

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 14:19:39 »
For those attending the Donington Historic event, I have been in contact with organisers with respect to the infield parking.
   They have advised the following:
    "Each club has an allotted area - the members can park where they like within that area.  I will email out a club map on Thursday or Friday, and they will be handed out to people on arrival as well."
   If I receive this map will try and post in this site

Unfortunately is now looks like the work on my car will not complete for this weekend, so it is unlikely I will attending.
   I hope all those that do attend enjoy the event.
   David

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 15:04:02 »
Received update from Donington message is as follows:
   AC Owners Club

With less than a week to go, and car club ticket sales now closed, here is a (rather lengthy) message about this weekend’s Donington Historic Festival. Please read it carefully – it contains almost everything you need to know about the event and your club’s presence there.

STAND NUMBER

Your club will be located at stand number 1

I will send out a stand map via email on Thursday.

NUMBER OF CARS FOR YOUR CLUB

Please find below the final numbers of cars for each day booked for your club. This includes any organisers’ tickets for those clubs who have been notified that they qualified for free organisers’ passes – if we did not notify you about that, I’m afraid your car numbers didn’t hit the level required to qualify for free tickets.

We can’t accept further requests for infield passes now, as the stand space allocation is underway, based on the numbers we have from the bookings.

The numbers below are maximums – for example, if somebody books for Saturday and Sunday and requests two infield passes, giving details of two different cars, we have to assume that both cars are attending on both days.

You have the following numbers of cars booked to attend:

Saturday: 3

Sunday: 3

Monday:  6

MARQUEES/GAZEBOS ETC.

As requested when you registered the club, we have left no space for a gazebo or marquee.

STAND ACCESS/SET-UP

Cars will access the circuit via the main Donington Park entrance and then the entry gate 9 – the new Williamson Tunnel. Please note, all vehicles must enter the infield by 11am each day, and infield exit will be from 3pm onwards each day.

I hope your members have a fantastic time at the event, and that the weather is kind to us all.

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 18:18:44 »
I would interested to know if this an event that people would like to attend in 2017?
   A shame my car was not working and therefore I failed to attend