Author Topic: Radiator hose Frua  (Read 12707 times)

great dane

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« on: March 10, 2009, 15:17:46 »
Does anyone know where to find the upper radiator hose for a Frua[?]

Classicus

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 16:50:20 »
Hi Great Dane

Unfortunately can't help out on the radiator hose, but do you own an AC 428 ? If you do, could you possibly help with any information about it for the AC 428 Register please ?

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/

Chassis number, convertible/ fastback, past history and so on ? Any photos would be very much appreciated of course.

Thanks in advance for any help [:)]

Paul

Englishman

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:19:08 »
Hi Great Dane,

If you find one let me know, as of right now we are going to plumb the radiator in using aluminium piping with flexible couplers on CF64, and on recomendations taken from this Forum we will also use aluminium for the bottom hose as apparently the rubber one rubs on the chasis.

Peter

great dane

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:55:56 »
Hello both Classicus and Englishman

To the question about the register. No, I am not the owner of the Frua. I am only doing some restoration work on the car. The car is CF 76 and I think you already know it in the register.

About the hose I am sure that it will be almost impossible to find one, so the alternative with the alu-pipes would of cause work, but I don't think it will look that great in the enginebay?
   I have found a company in Germany, (www.jung-gt.de) They can make a mould and then produce a hose, but the price for a mould is euro 550,- so it will be a very expencive hose. But if we could obtain an original hose for making the mould and about 10 Frua owners would buy one each, the price would be moderate. Well, I have to decide what to do, then the car has to run this spring. If not, the owner will look like this :-(

Best Peder

Classicus

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:51:25 »
Hi Peder

Thanks for your reply.

Although yes there is 1 colour picture of CF 76, it would be really marvellous if a few more could be added plus any recent history as it is rather empty and out of date in there at the moment lol ! [:D] Perhaps you could kindly ask the owner sometime ? Perhaps too he might be interested in joining the AC Owners Club in case he needs any spares in the future....?

Thanks

Paul [:)]

cliffordl

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 13:56:58 »
My mechanic managed to replace the bottom hose for me and tells me that our local decent parts suppliers (Clifford's of Hove, Sussex) do stock a suitable top hose. I need to replace mine now that my alloy rad has finally arrived so will investigate this week and report back.

Cliff.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Radiator hose Frua
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 00:46:10 »
Cliff,

Don't forget, these are huge motors and they put a lot of heat, replace the hoses often if you are going to drive the car, also use two clamps at each end for the bottom hose (like on boats) When you turn off the motor the pressure will rise for a while.