Author Topic: AC Frua front spoiler!  (Read 13300 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« on: March 07, 2007, 17:18:12 »
Here is a  photo of the little front spoiler we made up! I hope it helps a little! I did not want it to be too big, 2" only!

Emmanuel

jbottini

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 00:21:06 »
nicely done...has it helped or hurt your cooling issues?

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 14:31:25 »
Thanks, I don't know, I have not driven it yet! We still have to reinstall the engine with the new trany. Emmanuel

shep

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 21:16:17 »
Hi Emmanuel, Your spoiler looks like a good start, if a little conservative. Maybe try it out and if you need a bit more, you can clamp a series of wider strips of aluminium to your initial spoiler until it diverts the airflow enough to cause a lower pressure area under the engine. That should then draw air through the radiator and improve cooling! Andy.

Rheinubung

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:38:53 »
Hi Emmanuel

Did you add metal to create that cute little lip, or just use an expert metal former to modify the stock undercowl?

The bigger question is: does it make any difference in front-end lightness at speed? I've been contemplating a similar installation but larger (3.5 inches) and perhaps made out black lexan to resist groundstrikes.

Regards,
   Rheinubung

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 03:39:18 »
The undercowl is all new, (the original was rotten) We just made a 2" lip with new metal and it is rolled around piano wire at the end! This is before the lead work!

Regards,

Emmanuel

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 15:11:54 »
The spoiler seems to work, Engine temperature now goes down to 70 Degrees/C at freeway speeds. I drove at 100MPH for about 10mn and engine temp remained at 70! Great!
   Emmanuel

shep

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 01:42:15 »
Hello Emmanuel, Sounds like your design works fine. The proof of the pudding is in the temperature, well done! If the air is being discouraged from building pressure under the car, the front end stability should also be improved. I like the sound of Rheinubung's black lexan spoiler. It would be great to mill slots in the spoiler for the mounting screws, so the height can be adjusted. He could start with 1'' and test temp and stability. Then increase to 2'' and even 3'' to see if it improves or not. The sort of testing I love to do. Let me know how you get on. Regards, Andy.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 20:02:38 »
Pierre!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since your car is being worked on, a little spoiler like this will work wonder to lower engine heat a speed!

Emmanuel

Classicus

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:37:11 »
Looking through some old posts and wondered how the spoilers are working ?

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 00:43:36 »
It's been working great, keeps the engine cooler on the freeway!

Emmanuel

Classicus

• View Profile
AC Frua front spoiler!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 12:03:52 »
Sounds good, was the spoiler fitted before or after putting in the heat insulation, as I was wondering if it would have solved the heat problem inside the car on its own ?