Author Topic: AEX732  (Read 914 times)

AEXGlenn

• View Profile
AEX732
« on: February 15, 2023, 18:23:20 »
Hello,
I am very new to the AC owner's group after recently purchasing a 1960 Aceca, AEX732. I have been in contact with several previous owners. They have all been very helpful in providing information on the car's history. I hope to hear from any others who may know more about the car. The car has the original drive train and is in very good shape. The dash seems to have been "converted" to an Ace style with a flat panel. I have been able to source a replacement "binnacle" and I will begin to return the dash to the original configuration. I hope to have all the work completed in time for the Northern California British car show in Dixon, CA this summer. I also plan on bringing it to the "Cobra Experience" museum in Martinez, CA as well. We may have 4 Acecas in attendance! My friend Lynn Park has an Aceca with a Ford 289 V8. But, he also has dozens of real Cobras so, he can do that! I also have a Hawk 289 Cobra replica which was made in the UK. Cheers to all. Glenn
1960 Aceca AEX732 with original engine
1963 Hawk 289 (replica)
ERA 427 (replica)

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Re: AEX732
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 18:32:24 »
Welcome to the forum Glen.
I've also got a 1960 Aceca, so if you need any info just let me know.
Kind regards Nick

AEXGlenn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 18:59:54 »
Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply. As I am going to revert the dash back to the original look, would you be able to post a picture of what the dash is supposed to look like? My car came with lots of extra parts including the wooden gauge panels. Most of the panels have been removed when a previous owner converted it to look like an Ace or Cobra dash. Where are you located?
1960 Aceca AEX732 with original engine
1963 Hawk 289 (replica)
ERA 427 (replica)

kicksey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 21:45:00 »
Hi Glenn

Attached is a picture of the dash of my 1955 Aceca AE513  - hope it helps
Regards
Chris

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 09:31:48 »
Hi Glen.
All my dash bits are now bubble wrapped and boxed up ready for assembly later in the year, but here are a few photos which may be of help.
Kind regards Nick

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 09:33:55 »
Photos continued

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 12:11:24 »
Hello Glen,
nice to see you here.
I was following the acution on Bring a Trailer.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-ac-aceca-3/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2023-01-26
It looks like a very nice almost original car.
I see that the auction included as well all the wood trimming. so if you have found the "binnacle", you should be able to convert the car back to orignal specs, wich i think looks nicer that the "Cobra" style for an Aceca.
Probably under the leather trimming you can find the old holes for the orignal woodwork.
if you are lucky enough the woodwork is the original ons. And to cofirm that at the back you should be able to read AEX732 written with a pencil.

732 looks like a very nice car with a nice and clean undercarriage that looks very original and with nice engine bay.
The interior looks very nice as well and will be even nicer when you will be done with the wood trimming. The rest of the woods seems the original one.
The starting handle is missing in the engine bay.
Wire mesh stone guards under the front wheel arches is missing, but can probably be made. There is the sing of a light impact on the front. and there is a broken body stay tube on the front left side, but that can be easily reparied.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 12:14:46 by SpqrEddie »

Aceca289

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 17:16:04 »
Glenn,

Welcome to the WORLD of AC owners. Lots of great folks on this forum from around the globe to help you with AC ownership… and as you’ve discovered, there are quite a few AC enthusiasts in your neighborhood too. I look forward to meeting you at the all British car show in Dixon this year. I plan to show my Aceca at the show and as you’re probably aware, there will be another Aceca from Santa Rosa at the show too. Perhaps the organizers will have to create a separate class for AC’s this year! :D

Best Regards,

John