Author Topic: Aceca AEX561  (Read 821 times)

Flakey

• View Profile
Aceca AEX561
« on: November 03, 2021, 21:12:57 »
Evening all.
I’m finally going to start the restoration of aex561, i’ve Been doing bits over the last few years but now going to try and get it moving along with a bit more pace.
When I got the car it had no engine (just a block) I have managed to get a zephyr 6 with a Raymond mays head, could someone tell me what gearbox was originally fitted to the zephyr 6 and where may I obtain one. I know this car was an ac engined car but I would like to go the zephyr route.
I restored the chassis a few years ago, rebuilt the suspension uprights, fitted a splined hub kit from Jim stokes workshops, remade the front and rear wishbones, replaced all bushes and pins in the suspension (thanks to Brian eacott) made a fuel tank, made some seats and lots of other bits.
This car was in very poor condition and needs every component either refurbishing or replacing.
I’m a panel beater and restorer by trade so not too worried about the amount of work required but with a hectic workload I struggle to find time for my own projects.
I’ll try and figure out how to load photos of progress.
Thanks
Fintan