Author Topic: Cobra Tool Kit  (Read 11980 times)

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Cobra Tool Kit
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:33:21 »
Hi Guys

I recently spotted, and bought, a "genuine" AC Cobra toolkit on E-bay.  This "genuine" kit contains: a set of Snap-on tools (spanners, screw-driver, pliers. pressure gauge) and a wire pliers, cotton gloves and hand wipes.  It comes in a leather tool roll emossed with the correct AC logo and the name Autocraft below the AC logo.  A fine and professional tool kit.

Whether it's actually worth the £280 I finally spent on it is anyone's guess (except my wife who is - as yet - uninformed!)  Please feel free to laugh at my credulity!

Can anyone tell me if AC did make/supply/provide/sell tool kits?  I'm unsure if I bought a "lemon".  Still, worst come to worst, I've now got a decent, if expensive, tool kit for the boot of the Cobra.

I'll glady post photos of it if some-one can tell me how this is done.

M-A
   CRS #22

ak1234

• View Profile
Cobra Tool Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 22:09:06 »
I seen that and was tempted to buy it ... I think a good buy considering the Pantera came with a tool kit and bag to put in the boot ... and now they are very disireable and costly ... maybe it was a purchased as an accessory ???

keithjecks

• View Profile
Cobra Tool Kit
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 11:31:45 »
My Cobra AK1515 came with a kit exactly as you described. I think it was reserved for Lightweights. If you post a photo I will tell you if it is the same as mine, but things like the cotton gloves make me think it is genuine. The tools are very good, and as an FYI, you will find that the lockwire pliers alone cost £50 from Snapon

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Cobra Tool Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:27:28 »
Hi Ace4.6

Thanks for the info.  Funny your comment on the pliers.  They are the only part that is NOT from Snap-on

I'll try to post some pics once I'm in possession of said tool-kit.

Mark-Anthony
   CRS #22