Author Topic: Search for Ace Bristol history in USA.  (Read 3147 times)

shep

• View Profile
Search for Ace Bristol history in USA.
« on: February 01, 2007, 21:11:04 »
I am trying to build my own archive on my Ace Bristol BEX 193 now called 'Alice'. There are precious few details available other than she was exported to AC Imports of Arlington Virginia on 4th September 1956. The original colour was British Racing Green with red trim.
   She was probably the only Racing Green Ace Bristol in the USA at that time and may have been seen out racing or at sporting venues.
   Around 1990 'Alice' came back to England and received the registration XSV 727. At some point she was converted to Right Hand Drive and finished in a deep blue and trimmed in black.
   If any enthusiasts have any memories or better still photos or other evidence of her early history please let me know.
   Hopefully, Andy Shepherd.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 22:49:46 »
Andy, when I was looking for the history on my Ace Bristol I looked on the VIR website (http://www.virhistory.com/vir.html#events). Now do you know the dealer who took the car, my car from records I have was imported in 1957 through AC Imports, Viginia (same as you).

Now assuming your car was delivered to the same dealer (not many in that part of the world) then it will be Auto Engineering 436 Marrett Road,Lexington [does not exist anymore, but may help].

I hope this small amount of information helps

John.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 23:07:04 »
Thanks John, that's a good place to start. I have watched some of the negative posts about our forum, and I can only say how helpful everyone has been. If you start off being positive maybe you attract positive correspondence. I'll check out the VIR website, thanks, Andy.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 01:07:54 »
I've been trying to find history on may car also (AEX125)but have never been able to find out where it was shipped to originally. How did you guys find out where your cars went to originally?
   Jay

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 09:05:20 »
Jay,

I have spent more hours getting the history of my Ac Ace, using the web and contacts in the US is the only real route. The register will have the shipping and first customer. Once you have this then you could see if the original owner is still with us (check white pages if in the US).

My owner was still alive and I contacted them via email and the history just came out in mass. Also I was missing the original bill of sale + the second owner, I have both now and I'm getting the next chapter of the cars history together.

The big problem (assuming your car is a US car) is most foreign DVLA look a likes do not have great history.

I hope this helps. I find all the people I contact help and are really interested in the car.

Thanks

John.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 14:55:08 »
Thanks John,
   Unfortunately when I was member of ACOC, I sent two letters to the registrar and never heard anything back. The only Info I have been able to find is when it shipped to the US (Rinsey Mills provided that) and who the previous owner was. Perhaps it is time to retry the registrar.
   Jay

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 15:08:16 »
Jay,

I would try again, I found the following about your car AEX125 Ford 4.7 15.2.56, USA first owner C.D Davies. Jay, if you have the full name of the first owner email me at john_abel289@hotmail.com, I will have a look around. During my history finding on both my AC cars I have soem good contacts.

Thanks

John.